Per Press Conference with Bo: As of today, Tommy is starting

"Total QBR is an ESPN-calculated metric that accounts for a quarterback's overall execution – a Pelini buzzword -- in relation to his team's performance. It rates quarterbacks on a zero-to-100 scale.

A score of 50 is average.

Martinez's QBR on Saturday was 19.6, the sixth-lowest single-game figure of his career. His opponent-adjusted QBR against the Gophers was 14.6"

bwahahaha keep defending him please

Tommy Armstrong's QBR two Saturdays ago was 9.9, the lowest single-game figure of his career. His opponent-adjusted QBR against the Boilermakers was 7.3.

Against the mighty Purdue Boilermakers.

Doesn't matter if one is a freshman and one is a senior. The only thing that matters is the current game and the current season. Or is it now Taylor's fault he was born 4 years ahead of time?

And Ron Kellog ended up playing, did he not?

And this thread is about Tommy Armstrong starting on Saturday, is it not?

Here is an easier stat.

Nebraska's record in Armstrong's last three games where he saw time, 3-0

Nebraska's record in the last two games where Martinez saw time, 0-2.

• Fire 2

The reason I am more down on the offense than the defense is the fact that i knew going in that the defense was going to have a lot of growing pains and issues, but we all thought the offense was going to just go off.

You know, this last game, and the UCLA game, its not like they score 40 points and still go beat. The offense was TERRIBLE, and the blame lies on them moreso than the defense. I don't care who plays QB as long as they are healthy, and at this point thats TA or RKIII. Yes, TA looked like crap against Purdue, but I'd rather take that and have RKIII come in when he is struggling than to sit and watch our offense be completely inept under an injured Martinez.

Not to mention you're comparing a 5th year SR to a RS Freshman....

So are you, when you're bringing up Martinez' QBR as an argument to bench him.

I happen to agree with you, but that bears pointing out.

Yeah, which is beneficial to Tommy. You're comparing Tommy's worst game as a RS Freshman to Taylor Martinez, who is a RS Sr.; thus, I think it is more acceptable (although still not preferable) to have such a low QBR as a second time starter or whatever he was. Freshman mistakes are bearable with a freshman - they are not bearable with a senior.

"Total QBR is an ESPN-calculated metric that accounts for a quarterback's overall execution – a Pelini buzzword -- in relation to his team's performance. It rates quarterbacks on a zero-to-100 scale.

A score of 50 is average.

Martinez's QBR on Saturday was 19.6, the sixth-lowest single-game figure of his career. His opponent-adjusted QBR against the Gophers was 14.6"

bwahahaha keep defending him please

Tommy Armstrong's QBR two Saturdays ago was 9.9, the lowest single-game figure of his career. His opponent-adjusted QBR against the Boilermakers was 7.3.

Against the mighty Purdue Boilermakers.

Doesn't matter if one is a freshman and one is a senior. The only thing that matters is the current game and the current season. Or is it now Taylor's fault he was born 4 years ahead of time?

Lol, so its okay to continuously make freshman mistakes as an experienced senior?

Not to mention you're comparing a 5th year SR to a RS Freshman....

So are you, when you're bringing up Martinez' QBR as an argument to bench him.

I happen to agree with you, but that bears pointing out.

Yeah, which is beneficial to Tommy. You're comparing Tommy's worst game as a RS Freshman to Taylor Martinez, who is a RS Sr.; thus, I think it is more acceptable (although still not preferable) to have such a low QBR as a second time starter or whatever he was. Freshman mistakes are bearable with a freshman - they are not bearable with a senior.

I'm not comparing anyone to anyone. I'm not really part of this conversation, I'm just pointing that one thing out.

And again, I'm firmly in the camp that Taylor has taken his last meaningful snap at Nebraska and Tommy should start.

I'm not comparing anyone to anyone. I'm not really part of this conversation, I'm just pointing that one thing out.

And again, I'm firmly in the camp that Taylor has taken his last meaningful snap at Nebraska and Tommy should start.

I actually agree as well, but think it's the right move for completely different reasons than the B.S. conjecture being thrown around by some in here.

"Martinez suffered a hip pointer"? Why doesn't Bo just be honest and tell us about the broken toes?

Because you're just an f'ing fair-weather fan who can kiss Bo's f'ing ass.

Jesus christ, I don't know why, but I lost it reading this.

+1