Per Press Conference with Bo: As of today, Tommy is starting

For what it's worth I said Ameer has turnover issues and thought next year he should see a drastic decrease in his carries. I said it this summer and got roasted.

He's a huge part of the offense, and I have to think that, put in better situations where the defense cant key on him, he wont get as much contact and would likely hold on to the ball a lot more. To some extent he gets Peterson'd. Everyone knows the Vikings are going to give the ball to Peterson because he's their only consistent threat. To a lesser extent, Taylor's struggles have done that to us. If the whole stadium knows that you are either going to run predictably, or pass ineffectively, they can just load up for the run. Now, that being said, Abdullah could take a lesson or two on ball security. I'm certainly not accusing you of being off base there.

I wish some of you guys would go watch the tape and tell me what quarterback we have on the roster would've done any better with that same play calling and sh#t ass line play. Not one. Hell, if it weren't for Martinez's long run we probably wouldn't have scored again.

This is a good point. That line was a sieve all game, and Taylor made several scrambles that saved sacks.

But those were on passing plays. On run plays we repeatedly gashed that team. So why the hell didn't we run the ball more?

That is what baffled me hard. I just...

He put his personal needs (to play) above the needs of the team (for him to play at 100% and no less).

To me, he should lose his captain status and be benched indefinitely. And this is from me guys...I've staunchly supported Taylor since day one...but enough is enough.

Taylor Martinez... glory hound?

I'm not getting that. Taylor is a lot of things, but I don't think he's so desperate for fame and attention that he's playing hurt 2/3 of his career for the personal glory of it all.

Fact is, I'm pretty sure Taylor would be much happier playing football in an empty stadium, with no fan feedback positive or negative. No press interviews, no chance at a Heisman, none of it. He loves the game, he's naturally gifted, and he's a hell of a competitor. If he erred, it was in thinking that he could will himself to play over the pain. Not for personal gain, but because he really believes he can do it, and do it best.

Without someone coming out from that locker room telling us that Taylor is selfish and the kind of a-hole that would pull a stunt like that, there's just no way I buy that.

Um glory hound? No, he wanted to play...plain and simple.

He wouldn't have lied about how he felt if he didn't. That's putting your needs before that of the team. He's a senior, it's his last year...I can't blame him. Glory hound he isn't...but in this case, he was selfish.

Wait a minute. What Taylor does or doesn't tell his coaches is beside the point.

The coaches watch him practice every day. If he looks good to go, he's good to go. If he's hiding an injury well enough to fool the coaches, then he's also good to go. Because who else would Martinez need to fool? Is the Minnesota defense less observant than his coaches?

This isn't a concussion. You watch him plant his foot and throw, you watch him take off running, you can see how fast he is with your bare eyes. You've been coaching him for five years. Can he run the offense the way it needs to be run? Bo should know that from the previous week's practice. Bo makes that call. If Taylor Martinez is willing to sacrifice his body by lying to his coaching staff, that's his call. If he isn't playing as well as he should, that's the coaches call.

But I gotta admit, Taylor suddenly admitting he has two broken toes (which is not harder to explain than turf toe), the extreme pain every time he plants, along with a nagging sore shoulder(?!) makes everyone involved sound weird and guilty and not to be trusted.

For what it's worth I said Ameer has turnover issues and thought next year he should see a drastic decrease in his carries. I said it this summer and got roasted.

Yeah, stop handing it to one of the top running backs in the country and his pesky 7.3 yard average.

Give it to the true freshman Newby! Or that beast Imani Cross who....uhm...actually has more fumbles per carry.

Stay roasted, chief.

• Fire 2

Not disagreeing with any of that, but he knew going in that this was going to be a fishbowl. And if he didn't, his father really let him down.

There's only a few theories to be believed here:

-Taylor lied to Bo and put his personal wants over the team and the careers of several people. For whatever reason, that's horrible.

-Bo lied and put Taylor out there for his personal wants over the team and careers of several people. For whatever reason, that's horrible,.

This won't be a pleasant end.

Another theory equally as plausible:

Taylor lives in a world of his own, surrounded by walls he's built over the course of a chaotic life, and sees things very differently than most other people. Without any attempt at gaining personal glory or satisfaction Taylor felt he was healthy enough to play, and made the decision to tell the coaches he was ready to go.

So I'm not totally going away from the "Taylor lied" thing, but I don't think for one second he did it to put his personal wants over those of other people.

And if Taylor did lie, he lied to himself.

Players lie about their injuries all the time. They go year-round practically working their butts off to play a handful of games...why wouldn't you lie if you're a competitor and want to compete as much as possible?

I have more of a problem with the coaches. There were at least two plays that I saw (I never got to see a replay of the game) that it was blatantly obvious Taylor was injured and not playing 100%. So...

How are coaches not seeing this in practice?