Per Press Conference with Bo: As of today, Tommy is starting

It's kind of strange how this whole topic has unraveled. I've actually read through it all. Lots of back and forth hate for different QBs. Some people need a snickers.

Is this the "Have a snickers TM.... when you're hungry you're like a Josh Freeman playing for the vikings"

LOL that made me laugh! no it was more towards the QB hostility among some of the board. But that works too :lol:

What I don't get is why is Ron Kellogg always put on the back burner, don't get me wrong I want Tommy Armstrong to succeed and hope he does well, but Ron has been the best passer this season and best game manager. I would have Ron start and have Tommy come in a few series, especially going into our hardest part of the schedule.

I am not sure either. Ron has played well. More than I could have imagined since he held the clipboard for years. He throws it real nice. Very catchable. Makes quick decision and gets rid of it. There isn't a threat to call a running option play with him. And he did look like a statue getting sacked a couple times when no one is open. So it could be that? But then, we do have the running backs to do all the running we need, while Ron does the passing. Seems simple. Who knows? I don't.

I guess the fact that my post #243 didn't generate any discussion whatsoever and only received one "I've heard similar things too" comment says quite a bit about the dismal state of things. I was sort of hoping people would shoot holes in it and tell me I must be smoking crack to even consider such hooey. Apparently it was all met with a shrug of "probably" and apathy. Sad.

What I don't get is why is Ron Kellogg always put on the back burner, don't get me wrong I want Tommy Armstrong to succeed and hope he does well, but Ron has been the best passer this season and best game manager. I would have Ron start and have Tommy come in a few series, especially going into our hardest part of the schedule.

I think most coaches would start Ron especially after the Purdue game. The problem is we have a head guy who couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag making these decisions.

I am not sure either. Ron has played well. More than I could have imagined since he held the clipboard for years. He throws it real nice. Very catchable. Makes quick decision and gets rid of it. There isn't a threat to call a running option play with him. And he did look like a statue getting sacked a couple times when no one is open. So it could be that? But then, we do have the running backs to do all the running we need, while Ron does the passing. Seems simple. Who knows? I don't.

We want ta to get experience for next season and dual threat qbs are our true heritage. TA threw as well or better than RK first 2 games. RK is very slow so less chance to scramble for plus yardage and avoid a sack.

Pretty simple I like both though.

Ron is completing 75% of his passes and Tommy 56% with only one completion more.

PASSING GP-GS Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Martinez, Taylor 4-4 140.03 69-110-2 62.7 667 10 42 166.8

Armstrong Jr., Tommy 4-3 128.37 26-46-3 56.5 347 3 37 86.8

Kellogg III, Ron 4-0 185.36 25-33-0 75.8 352 2 35 88.0

Why shouldn't we? There is not one team (save for Iowa) that has constantly played at a certain level.

Northwestern was electric against Ohio State. Now they're 0-4 in conference and they haven't eclipsed 17 points since.

Michigan State exploded for 42 points against Illinois, but they only scored 14 against Purdue.

Michigan had troubles beating Akron and UConn, lost to Penn State, hasn't scored in some games and hasn't stopped opponents from scoring in others.

Penn State beat Michigan two weeks ago and then got dropped against Ohio State.

Iowa is the only team that has played at a consistent level. I still think whoever wins the Michigan State-Nebraska game will be the Legends Division representative and will have the opportunity to get decimated by The Dark Meyer and Ohio State.

By George you're right. This is the B1G conference. Any team can out suck the other team on any given Saturday. Which means we only have to suck less than our opponent 5 times. What are the odds of that happening? I'll put it at 20% which is technically better than a snowballs chance in hell. I'll take it.

sounds like we fit right in with this mess...I give us a 50/50 chance in the remaining 5 games..

Why shouldn't we? There is not one team (save for Iowa) that has constantly played at a certain level.

Northwestern was electric against Ohio State. Now they're 0-4 in conference and they haven't eclipsed 17 points since.

Michigan State exploded for 42 points against Illinois, but they only scored 14 against Purdue.

Michigan had troubles beating Akron and UConn, lost to Penn State, hasn't scored in some games and hasn't stopped opponents from scoring in others.

Penn State beat Michigan two weeks ago and then got dropped against Ohio State.

Iowa is the only team that has played at a consistent level. I still think whoever wins the Michigan State-Nebraska game will be the Legends Division representative and will have the opportunity to get decimated by The Dark Meyer and Ohio State.

By George you're right. This is the B1G conference. Any team can out suck the other team on any given Saturday. Which means we only have to suck less than our opponent 5 times. What are the odds of that happening? I'll put it at 20% which is technically better than a snowballs chance in hell. I'll take it.

Exactly. Now you're thinking right.

If Taylor could stop hurting every part of his body....seriously. Broken toes, shoulder, hip pointers. The poor guy. What an injury-riddled senior year. Not how any of us wanted to see him go out, I would imagine.

I love the idea of seeing The Tommy A and Ronnie K Show. This is going to be a fun rest of the year. Go get em Bo.

We want ta to get experience for next season and dual threat qbs are our true heritage. TA threw as well or better than RK first 2 games. RK is very slow so less chance to scramble for plus yardage and avoid a sack.

Pretty simple I like both though.

True. I do agree that Tommy throws it well too, and he is more mobile and physical. Next year will be a competition between him and that Stanton kid, right? This year's experience will give Tommy the edge. But still a QB competition between 2 real good players supposedly, I would think.

I wish some of you guys would go watch the tape and tell me what quarterback we have on the roster would've done any better with that same play calling and sh#t ass line play. Not one. Hell, if it weren't for Martinez's long run we probably wouldn't have scored again.

This is a good point. That line was a sieve all game, and Taylor made several scrambles that saved sacks.

But those were on passing plays. On run plays we repeatedly gashed that team. So why the hell didn't we run the ball more?

Beck's lack of commitment to the run game was maddening. AA did have a fumble, but he was consistently moving the rock. He was the only thing consistently working so why not feed him? That and the dink passes Minnie was all over drove me nuts. Early in the game we ran option on 3rd and very long and it worked great, then later in the game we wouldn't run on 2nd and 8? Really Beck?

As far as Bo goes on the news tonight they were all over playing TM and keeping him in there despite the foot still being an issue. As Lyons said TM wasn't really the issue. But maybe TA gives us a spark, and TM is still injured afterall.