Per Press Conference with Bo: As of today, Tommy is starting

Mauro Bondi@mbondi37

We were 5-2 at this time last year and still made it to the big ten championship! #Iaintgotnoworries

Guys, Mauro isn't worried.

Good Christ, even the players don't know how division races work.

Edit: I take that back. Better to lose to Minnesota than a team that's actually a threat to win the division, I suppose.

Reminds me of losing to Iowa State to fall to 4-3. How'd that end up?

Doesn't remind me of that at all. Iowa State didn't outclass us in basically every way. It ended up in a Holiday Bowl victory.

But it's good to see some are still holding out hope for this season. :lol:

Iowa State game we beat ourselves with a bazillion turnovers. Minnesota game we got beat by a better prepared team.

Mauro Bondi@mbondi37

We were 5-2 at this time last year and still made it to the big ten championship! #Iaintgotnoworries

Edit: I take that back. Better to lose to Minnesota than a team that's actually a threat to win the division, I suppose.

Doesn't remind me of that at all. Iowa State didn't outclass us in basically every way. It ended up in a Holiday Bowl victory.

Why shouldn't we? There is not one team (save for Iowa) that has constantly played at a certain level.

Northwestern was electric against Ohio State. Now they're 0-4 in conference and they haven't eclipsed 17 points since.

Michigan State exploded for 42 points against Illinois, but they only scored 14 against Purdue.

Michigan had troubles beating Akron and UConn, lost to Penn State, hasn't scored in some games and hasn't stopped opponents from scoring in others.

Penn State beat Michigan two weeks ago and then got dropped against Ohio State.

Iowa is the only team that has played at a consistent level. I still think whoever wins the Michigan State-Nebraska game will be the Legends Division representative and will have the opportunity to get decimated by The Dark Meyer and Ohio State.

Mauro Bondi@mbondi37

Why shouldn't we? There is not one team (save for Iowa) that has constantly played at a certain level.

Northwestern was electric against Ohio State. Now they're 0-4 in conference and they haven't eclipsed 17 points since.

Michigan State exploded for 42 points against Illinois, but they only scored 14 against Purdue.

Michigan had troubles beating Akron and UConn, lost to Penn State, hasn't scored in some games and hasn't stopped opponents from scoring in others.

Iowa is the only team that has played at a consistent level. I still think whoever wins the Michigan State-Nebraska game will be the Legends Division representative and will have the opportunity to get decimated by The Dark Meyer and Ohio State.

Lloyd-Christmas-Cry-and-Gag-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif
  • Fire 2

Mauro Bondi@mbondi37

It is good to see you've completely given up on 18-22 year old kids and like to bring them down when they have a glimmer of optimism.

• Fire 1

The coaches watch him practice every day. If he looks good to go, he's good to go. If he's hiding an injury well enough to fool the coaches, then he's also good to go. Because who else would Martinez need to fool? Is the Minnesota defense less observant than his coaches?

This assumes that they practice like they play in games. Many of us have had these discussions in the past, and though this is almost entirely speculation, the only way you know TM is capable of doing everything is if he shows it in practice. Do they do game simulations in practice? Do you put their players in enough game-type situations to monitor their physical abilities?

The only way you take TM's word for it is if you don't have enough visual evidence to support any other conclusions. Again, that's almost purely speculative. But, you'd think coaches would have put TM in a position to do everything in practice that he would need to do in a game. Based on that performance they could make a more informed decision. So, they either felt TM was the best choice to win despite some obvious issues or they don't practice enough game type situations.

The coaches watch him practice every day. If he looks good to go, he's good to go. If he's hiding an injury well enough to fool the coaches, then he's also good to go. Because who else would Martinez need to fool? Is the Minnesota defense less observant than his coaches?

This assumes that they practice like they play in games. Many of us have had these discussions in the past, and though this is almost entirely speculation, the only way you know TM is capable of doing everything is if he shows it in practice. Do they do game simulations in practice? Do you put their players in enough game-type situations to monitor their physical abilities?

The only way you take TM's word for it is if you don't have enough visual evidence to support any other conclusions. Again, that's almost purely speculative. But, you'd think coaches would have put TM in a position to do everything in practice that he would need to do in a game. Based on that performance they could make a more informed decision. So, they either felt TM was the best choice to win despite some obvious issues or they don't practice enough game type situations.

It's kind of a moot point, Enhance.

Regardless of what the coaches may or may not have been able to glean about Taylor's readiness from practice, the proof is in the pudding when we kick off Saturday.

Why the hell did we leave him in there when our offense was floundering and he kept checking down on 3rd and long or tucking and taking a sack?

We have one stubborn head coach, that's why.

This thread is pretty epic so far.

Mauro Bondi@mbondi37

It is good to see you've completely given up on 18-22 year old kids and like to bring them down when they have a glimmer of optimism.

The ol' guilt trip strategy, eh? You're right, I feel ashamed.

Pasadena here we come!

Yes, he said "if we played today," but when directly asked if Tommy would be starting this weekend, he said he didn't know.

That's exactly how I heard it too. It was based on TM not practicing yesterday while Tommy did. TM may start or rotate depending if he healthy enough to go.

If what is coming out is true, no wonder the team is possibly divided and also ticked. I would be mad if I was Q and knew Martinez was hurt, a 3-0 TA and RKIII are riding the pine and i continually watch us go 3 and out. I would be mad as hell that the staff didn't do everything possible to get us the W to include pulling Martinez, allowing VV, Charles Jax etc to play.........

• Fire 1

By George you're right. This is the B1G conference. Any team can out suck the other team on any given Saturday. Which means we only have to suck less than our opponent 5 times. What are the odds of that happening? I'll put it at 20% which is technically better than a snowballs chance in hell. I'll take it.

• Fire 1