Per Press Conference with Bo: As of today, Tommy is starting

After the Illinois game I thought Armstrong was the better of the two. Then came the Purdue game where I brought my people and Kellogg embarrassed me in front of all of them. I suppose there are some 'build for the future' discussions going on now plus the recognition that we neglected half the run offense last game and that's why Tommy is starting. It'll be interesting to see how much RKIII plays and how well each does against a team like NW.

So Martinez has three injuries and counting? That figures.

First time poster, long time Husker fan. I got the distinct feeling that the player have given up on TM and the BS thats gone on with it. Seems to me it could have been one reason they did not block so well at times. Think the fans and the players know damn well we be better served with TA at the helm.

If you are an offensive lineman, and you aren't fighting to protect your quarterback because you like another quarterback better, you don't deserve to be on the team.

Offensive line was horrible in pass protection Saturday. I think TA would have been sacked plenty, but who knows.

• Fire 1

Even when Quincy was up, the reporter said "sounds like Tommy Armstrong is starting...." and Q responded "I didn't even know that was the case..."

Strange days in Husker Nation.

Word. Sadly I can't remember a recent season where there wasn't strangeness going on at some point. :/

I wish some of you guys would go watch the tape and tell me what quarterback we have on the roster would've done any better with that same play calling and sh#t ass line play. Not one. Hell, if it weren't for Martinez's long run we probably wouldn't have scored again.

This is a good point. That line was a sieve all game, and Taylor made several scrambles that saved sacks.

But those were on passing plays. On run plays we repeatedly gashed that team. So why the hell didn't we run the ball more?

Beck's lack of commitment to the run game was maddening. AA did have a fumble, but he was consistently moving the rock. He was the only thing consistently working so why not feed him? That and the dink passes Minnie was all over drove me nuts. Early in the game we ran option on 3rd and very long and it worked great, then later in the game we wouldn't run on 2nd and 8? Really Beck?

As far as Bo goes on the news tonight they were all over playing TM and keeping him in there despite the foot still being an issue. As Lyons said TM wasn't really the issue. But maybe TA gives us a spark, and TM is still injured afterall.

Beck panics when we are down on the scoreboard and tries to go all Broncos and make TMart into Peyton. It's one of those mind boggling traits that wants me to clean house on the coordinators, if not Bo as well.

This is going to be a fun rest of the year. Go get em Bo.

My mouth is literally hanging agape..........I wish I had even 1% of your optimism. Good for you I guess. :thumbs

Didn't you have fun watching RK3 and TA in the three games prior to this one? I don't know what it was, but our offense looked smooth and looked like they had a plan. I don't know how many games we'll win, but I want to see that again. At worst, they're going to grow up a lot for next year.

I guess the fact that my post #243 didn't generate any discussion whatsoever and only received one "I've heard similar things too" comment says quite a bit about the dismal state of things. I was sort of hoping people would shoot holes in it and tell me I must be smoking crack to even consider such hooey. Apparently it was all met with a shrug of "probably" and apathy. Sad.

Benning's comments were addressed in another thread. I doubt Beck is purposely sabotaging his own qb and risking his own job, much more likely that he wants to be Oregon but if you watched that game you know we're not even close to them. Armstrong threw 3 ints against a weak team, Martinez was getting hounded and sacked repeatedly;....they thought TM was their best chance to win. I think some people just say things to get attention. Without having seen him but just from what others say, I think Stanton might be Beck's dream qb and that's why he doesn't want to give up on at least going the direction of the Oregon O.....thinks it's just a matter of talent....and he could be right.

This is going to be a fun rest of the year. Go get em Bo.

My mouth is literally hanging agape..........I wish I had even 1% of your optimism. Good for you I guess. :thumbs

Didn't you have fun watching RK3 and TA in the three games prior to this one? I don't know what it was, but our offense looked smooth and looked like they had a plan. I don't know how many games we'll win, but I want to see that again. At worst, they're going to grow up a lot for next year.

Absolutely I look forward to seeing those guys play. Heck the only thing I would like more would be a healthy TM running plays that fit his skill set but apparently those days are behind us.

My problem is not with the players. At this point I say get the experience for coming years. My lack of optimism comes from what I've seen from the coaching staff and the way Bo has thrown the players under the bus. I'm not convinced those issue get solved by playing TA or RK. I simply dread the impending headscratching blowout. I guess I need to resign myself to the fact that we really can't sink much lower and there is nothing I can do about it so, why let it bother me.

Excuse me, but doesn't the University of Nebraska have a medical staff for the football program. Broken toes, turf toe, high ankle sprain, hip pointer and they are allowing the kid to play? Bull $hit.

I know the kid is a warrior, I tried to play with broken collar bones, scapula and the like. But the medical staff said no. Either we have an incompetent medical staff, or Bo is over stepping his bounds. We know he played him when he was hurt, and kept putting him out there.

Tommy or Ron need to finish the year. Let the kid heal up, and maybe if this unguided sinking ship can win enough to get to a bowl game. If so and he is healed let him play. Tommy needs the experience, the team needs some solid play.

Excuse me, but doesn't the University of Nebraska have a medical staff for the football program. Broken toes, turf toe, high ankle sprain, hip pointer and they are allowing the kid to play? Bull $hit.

I know the kid is a warrior, I tried to play with broken collar bones, scapula and the like. But the medical staff said no. Either we have an incompetent medical staff, or Bo is over stepping his bounds. We know he played him when he was hurt, and kept putting him out there.

Kody Spano says hello.