Attracting athletes

I miss Taco John's... really miss it...

You sir, are disgusting.

Taco Johns > Amigos

imo

I've had Amigos once in the last 20 years and I was drunk, so I can't really say one way or the other.

That's the only time I'll eat Amigos too. Best drunk food in Lincoln now, is Cee Berry's downtown.

The whole state is not putting out very many D1 players. That has hurt the program.

Our walk on program is not the same as it once was either. All of those kids from Humboldt, Grand Island and many other towns that aren't Omaha and Lincoln no longer have the presence they once did in terms of key contributors. It's sad but I guess it's reality.

I think it boils down to the players liking the people who are recruiting them for starters, their potential coaches in other words. I think that and all the program and school has to offer them truly trumps what particular city the school might be in.

Our walk on program isn't the same as it once was because of nothing more than economics. The kids from the places you mention now opt to play for Kearney, Chadron, etc. on scholarship rather than racking up several thousands in student loans by walking on at UNL. As college tuition and fees continue to rise much faster than inflation, this will continue. I don't think it has anything to do with ill will against Bo or his staff.