Interview with Bo this morning

Hey Junior, just Michigan? I've always thought that this stretch would be even harder this time around. That was an incredible run we had with so many come from behind wins. That's why I believe each team put a circle around us after the game. Michigan State, Northwestern for sure. Heck even Penn State was up 20-6 early, and they blew up over the fourth quarter end zone call. So that's a Happy Valley whiteout visit. And yes Michigan hasn't lost at home yet under Hoke. It's going to be very interesting the rest of the way. But I am more geared up for these games than the cream puff yawn version teams on the schedule.

At this point in time, I would circle Michigan as a loss. Michigan State does concern me, but I think we do just enough to win. While I understand our defense can't stop the run, I'm not convinced those left on the schedule can stop our run. Assuming Martinez doesn't play much the rest of the season, I'd guess we'll see a heavy dose of Abdullah/Cross.

At this point in time, I would circle Michigan as a loss. Michigan State does concern me, but I think we do just enough to win. While I understand our defense can't stop the run, I'm not convinced those left on the schedule can stop our run. Assuming Martinez doesn't play much the rest of the season, I'd guess we'll see a heavy dose of Abdullah/Cross.

This all makes sense theoretically. But, I'm puzzled by the bolded. Seems to me that same plan would have netted us a win against Minnesota also. Why didn't we do that? What makes anyone think this staff will do the logical things we all see?

Nebraska did win the 09 title game. The one second means nothing. Colt Mccoy never scored a TD. He was down a yard short when he reached the ball across flat on his stomach.

Where's the trophy?

In Austin. Show me a clip of a Touchdown in that game and Ill gladly retract my statement.

We beat ourselves that game. Terrible offense, untimely penalties (free kick out of bounds, horsecollar tackle)... sound familiar?

I miss angry Bo. Screw what the rest of the nation thinks, I want the hopping mad pissed Bo that gets in his players' grill and gets them fired up.

I have said it the past two years. Bo, after A&M is a different coach and the team, IMO, has suffered for it. I like angry Bo. Angry Bo got results. PC Bo, not so much.

I didn't and wouldn't mind angry Bo but, angry Bo would look pretty bad if the team still performed poorly. The last thing I want to see is him screaming at other people for his failures as a coach. We get enough of that in the post game pressers. Put a decent product on the field and act how you want. Without the proof on the field, it's just salt in the wound. If these players believed in Bo as much as some claim they do, I think we would be seeing a much higher level of effort. Leads me to believe that his style isn't clicking with the players.

Not clicking with the players. I've spoke about this in another thread that sometimes I wonder if during the week, and even gameday, Bo is perceived as too much of a freind/father figure and not a coach. And that the rest of the staff follows the same suit, and there's simply not enough demanding peer leadership on the team to over come it. Just seem like the team just plays too "nicey-nice" with no real killer instinct.

From 247 website

Bill King @BillisKing

I like Bo, but yes that was awkward. I wanted to talk doomsday with him but felt it best to hold off. Its coming though.

Retweeted by Michael Bruntz

Expand

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why it was an awkward interview. Was it the way Pelini sounded? His answers?

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why it was an awkward interview. Was it the way Pelini sounded? His answers?

From what I hear, a large butt plug was sat on the table between the two of them. The interviewer gave Bo the choice of sitting on the plug during the interview, or having to suffer through the "doomsday" questions. You know which he chose.

• Fire 1

From what I hear, a large butt plug was sat on the table between the two of them. The interviewer gave Bo the choice of sitting on the plug during the interview, or having to suffer through the "doomsday" questions. You know which he clhose.

You should have added a pic of him yelling for a visual aid

We will find out this weekend if Bo still controls the team. Northwestern is in a tail spin. If they beat us, the writing is on the wall.

His number one mistake is blaming the kids over and over and over. Failure to execute, missed tackles, poor play by this side of the ball, all of these are slaps at the team. And eventually the kids take it that way. Team moral is a major concern, and it appears that the staff has an honesty problem. Taylor will only play if he is 100%. Anyone knowing anything about his injuries, knew it was not possible. The rest of the team knew it was not possible. Playing an injured player over a healthy one is typical NFL thinking. You have two QB's that one, thinks he deserves a chance and the other that thinks he has earned a chance. Neither of them can be real happy. They have followers that are pulling for them, that feel they were cheated in some way I would guess.

Again, I caught hell about this last year, but those fantastic come from behind wins were very very lucky in some regards. Building a program/attitude on those type of wins is shakey at best. Claiming we took care of business in a sort is true, but they were not convincing victories of high level teams, but close, hard fought over middle level teams at best. The blow outs speak for themselves. A loss to Minnesota is not something that we should be terribly surprised by, it seems to happen every year. But this game we got beat man on man, not a bunch of turnovers or other excuses.

I do not believe the, the light will come on and these new guys will turn into trained killers next week.

But the real problem with this situation, is Bo is working his but off to correct, and recruiting is going to go down hill, not only due to lack of time and effort, but the perceived likelihood he will be gone.

We do not need angry Bo. We need a professional, that delegates authority, teaches his specialty and guides the team. We are not seeing that and we haven't since Callahan's recruits departed.

I agree that are problem is recruiting, but this mess is only making that tougher for the coaches doing it. I would guess most of them are worrying about having a job come December. Hard to sell in that situation.

As a group we need to just quiet down, hope for the best, support the team and Bo. Finish the season and see where we are. I really do not want a coaching change. We need to make this work somehow.

• Fire 4

I miss angry Bo. Screw what the rest of the nation thinks, I want the hopping mad pissed Bo that gets in his players' grill and gets them fired up.

Wait. You think Angry Bo was getting better results? Cause it sure didn't win him that A&M game. Or the Texas game five weeks earlier.

You think he doesn't get in players' (or defensive coordinators') grills anymore? What games are you watching? He still gets angry, like most coaches get angry, he just looks less out of control.

Are you honestly trying to blame our porous defensive scheme, player apathy, and rampant miscommunication on the nation?

That's nuts, guys.

Angry Bo would probably tell the entire fanbase to go f•ck itself and secretly apply for another head coaching position.

Oh, wait.....

^This +1,000. Ever since Bo was neutered after the A&M game, this team plays with no intensity. I truly believe you take on the attitude of those around you, especially when it is someone above you that you are supposed to be learning from, in this case a coach. If your coach has no intensity, where are you going to get it from? Yes, you can get it from within but as humans we are a product of our environment. That intensity has to carry over to the players to some degree and to me it was there before A&M but has been lacking ever since. Giving me the screaming, about to pop all the blood vessel's in his face, Bo Pelini.