Loudest Moments In Memorial Stadium

Went to some early 90's OU and CU games as a little kid. Some before the HuskerVision days. Our crowd nowadays, and over the past 10 years or so, has nothing on the ruthless noise of the early 90's. But I guess it goes hand in hand with performance of course.

As far as today, I just get so aggrevated by people leaving. NW calls timeout before the hail mary, I see numerous folks get up and head for the stair in the north stadium. What the hell. Youve been here 3 1/2 fricking hours. You cant sit tight for one more play? And the folks leaving with 3 and 4 minutes to go. Seriously. I'm so fed up. What's the hurry in leaving. Your going to a damn Nebraska game. I dont care if you live in Lincoln or not. What's the hurry to get home? Bo's right. I dont care. All I know is, i'm glad there was a great many that missed out on this moment. They dont deserve to see sh#t like this.

f'ing fair weather fans

Went to some early 90's OU and CU games as a little kid. Some before the HuskerVision days. Our crowd nowadays, and over the past 10 years or so, has nothing on the ruthless noise of the early 90's. But I guess it goes hand in hand with performance of course.

As far as today, I just get so aggrevated by people leaving. NW calls timeout before the hail mary, I see numerous folks get up and head for the stair in the north stadium. What the hell. Youve been here 3 1/2 fricking hours. You cant sit tight for one more play? And the folks leaving with 3 and 4 minutes to go. Seriously. I'm so fed up. What's the hurry in leaving. Your going to a damn Nebraska game. I dont care if you live in Lincoln or not. What's the hurry to get home? Bo's right. I dont care. All I know is, i'm glad there was a great many that missed out on this moment. They dont deserve to see sh#t like this.

f'ing fair weather fans

Like I said.........

And, like I said when the tape came out, I didnt care, cuz I knew he wasnt talking about me. I hope some of these asshats did take them comments personal. Hell, I didnt wanna leave tonight. My wife, mom, and daughter were some of the last folks out tonight. We sat up there in the North bs'ing with some family from Norfolk till god knows when. I just love being there. I just have a hard time understanding how any true fan doesnt share the same sentiments.

• Fire 1

Totally agree about people leaving early. I think some people have just gone for 20 years that they don't even remember why they go anymore, it's just a routine. It's either that or the crowds and traffic is such of an inconvenience that they let it ruin their experience and want to leave early so they can be first to the traffic jam.

we were in the seats in the end zone where it happened, it was complete chaos...I lost my balance, fell down about 4 rows(thank god nobody was there and there were none of those crappy stadium seats there(i'm 6-4, 240). THEY HAD LEFT! I got up, couple people asked if I was ok and my answer was "never felt better!" we howled for 5 minutes...I had NO bruises or anything...must have been my cat like reflexes...it was an awesome moment...

Totally agree about people leaving early. I think some people have just gone for 20 years that they don't even remember why they go anymore, it's just a routine. It's either that or the crowds and traffic is such of an inconvenience that they let it ruin their experience and want to leave early so they can be first to the traffic jam.

we were talking about how much it must suck for the people who left when NW picked the ball. they missed one of the great memories in Memorial stadium.....we drove in from Kansas city and still felt the game was in question especially after the great goal line stand and we weren't going anywhere...and I have never thought the traffic was a big deal. try getting out of a chiefs game...we took antelope parkway right to highway 2 and with very few stops....I think Lincoln is a cake walk on game day...someone here said that people have been coming for 20 years and that's just their routine..so true, probably some of the same fans who sit on their hands and yell "down in front."......whatever

It may have seemed louder due to the expansion, but as been started a bunch of people had been leaving. For my money the Henery's kick was louder. And the 09 Sooner game was the loudest from start to finish, but only when the Backshirts were on the field.

I think when Nate Swift returned the punt against Virginia Tech it was also louder IMO

With all the games I have been too, it is really hard to say what was the loudest in history but I can say the crowd that kept their a$$es in their seat until the end yesterday were very loud.

I sat there for 10 + - minutes after the game and people were in frenzy the whole time. Loudest I have heard in many years! I am still in a little disbelief.

I have lived through a lot of Husker heartbreaks and can imagine NWesterns dismay! Wish them the best the rest of the year!

2006 Texas game was pretty loud, especially when it started snowing.

I was there for that one, it was pretty loud, had some Texass fans turn around and say congrats when it seemed we were in control of the game. I wanted to punch them in the face for saying that because shortly after that, here comes Texass.

Ou had louder moments throughout that game in '09.

However I have never seen so many people go crazy in the stadium as I did fot Westerkamp's catch.

We had the entire group of people in south stadium leave around us right were Jordan caught the pass. I ran up and randomly hugged a oldder fan four rows up because everyone else was gone.