Players chose what defense to play?

Stumbled on this reading Sam McKewon's latest:

After Northwestern gained 150 yards on 18 plays and took a 14-7 lead, Papuchis and Pelini went to asked players for a rare thing: Their opinion. What defense do you want to run, they asked. Nebraska players preferred a switch back to the four-man front and basic principles. Papuchis and Pelini agreed and sent blitz after blitz at the Wildcats. Fun defense. Fast defense.

“They got out of coach mode,” said freshman linebacker Josh Banderas. “They had a conversation with us. They got real with us. They're always real, but they got personal ...we felt more like a team. We were in this together. It wasn't coaches giving us instruction. It was 'we're in it all together.'”

http://www.bigredtoday.com/article/20131102/HUSKERS/131109591

Honestly I don't know how to feel about this. I do find it sad that Pelini did not seem to have much joy or to be celebrating. Sure they didn't play the greatest game but I did see more effort and desire than I've seen in quite some time. Bo should be able to enjoy that but it didn't look like he was.

Honestly I don't know how to feel about this. I do find it sad that Pelini did not seem to have much joy or to be celebrating. Sure they didn't play the greatest game but I did see more effort and desire than I've seen in quite some time. Bo should be able to enjoy that but it didn't look like he was.

Are you referring to 'Kamps catch?

He's on quite an emotional roller coaster this season, at work and in his personal life. I'm not surprised he's less than bubbly, and I'm actually feeling for him.

Different people handle different events differently. While Bo and I may have had the same level of excitement, I was jumping up and down rows in Memorial Stadium whereas he was kind of shellshocked and in disbelief. But I'm sure he was just as overjoyed.

Let's get off his ass on this one. I didnt make a peep when it happened myself. i stood there in shock for 10 minutes. People trying to high five me and hug me, folks I didnt even know. I couldnt return. All i remember was standing there, my jaw bouncing up and down, and tears damn near coming out of my eyes, trying to figure out if what I just saw was real or not. And I'm NOT the head coach of the winning team.

• Fire 6