Where is Imani's power? Is he not waiting for blocks?

5.1 yards per carry, leads the team in scoring. His only problem is he doesn't get the ball enough.

FINALLY somebody sees it. I agree he has looked a little hesitant lately, but it's obvious that Beck has shown zero trust in him when he goes in. When he does get runs, it's out of the pistol or shotgun in a single-back set. He needs to be used to his strength, which is lining up in the I-formation behind Janovich or Zimmerer and running downhill. Ameer needs to be utilized in this way as well.

5.1 yards per carry, leads the team in scoring. His only problem is he doesn't get the ball enough.

FINALLY somebody sees it. I agree he has looked a little hesitant lately, but it's obvious that Beck has shown zero trust in him when he goes in. When he does get runs, it's out of the pistol or shotgun in a single-back set. He needs to be used to his strength, which is lining up in the I-formation behind Janovich or Zimmerer and running downhill. Ameer needs to be utilized in this way as well.

+1......put a fullback in front of him...it might make a huge difference. I agree. Might be on to something.

I think his main problem is that he's a thumper in a finesse offense. Plain and simple. I said from the get go. His touches are always going to be situational in this offense. It's the ultimate square peg in round hole scenario.

That could very well be. Which is disappointing because I thought we did some of our best work out of the I-formation last season.

Just disappointed all around with how this offense has regressed from last season. Had so much to build on during the offseason, and we kind of went the other way.

Agreed with both of you here as I ate crow as well. I just don't feel Cross has that needed burst that our backs are asked to have out of his first cut. Ill have to watch again, but I really don't think he reads his blocks well either.

Newby? I feel as soon as he starts to read his blocks better he is going to be a MONSTER back. He has that top end speed that Ameer doesnt have. Love Ameer and he has done so many good things for us this year, but one knock on him is that he is missing that "break away nobody touches me" speed. Newby has that.

AT? I feel this kind of combination of size and speed would really help us out a ton this year to spell Ameer. I do think that he would be helping this team. He wouldn't steal touches from Ameer, but in my opinion, this type of back is what we are missing in our offense currently.

Really excited about the future with our current stable.

Agree with you on both Newby and AT. For supposedly a speed back (which he is), I've been really impressed at Newby's ability to lower his shoulder and finish runs. REALLY bodes well for his future. I also think that AT and Newby will get a lot of work with another year in the system.

I wonder with Newby if it isn't the same case I mentioned with Cross. Maybe I am not seeing it but they seem to only give him runs on sweeps and then he is out. Need to give him a series or 2 to really know what he can do. Game speed is different than practice speed and RB's have to have some timing down especially when they don't see a lot of action.

I don't think so. He looked really good - especially for a true frosh - when he got more work earlier in the year. Unfortunately, as is often the case, there just aren't as many carries to go around as the year goes on and each drive is very important. You have to go with the big guns as much as possible.

Eh, maybe. He had 30 carries for 198 yards (6.6 ypc) and five TDs in the non-conference. He's had 38 carries for 151 yards (4.0 ypc) and four TDs in conference play. He's actually gotten more carries the last four games than the first four. He just hasn't done as much with them.

He will come up big, very big before the end of the year. He, much like TA, just needs the proper calls from Beck to utilize his talents.

I would love to see more I formations and power running. Unsure how successful we will be against UM and MSU with "finesse" as our OL is so depleted. Line it up and punch them both in the mouth ala Minnie to us, and flat wear them out.

He will come up big, very big before the end of the year. He, much like TA, just needs the proper calls from Beck to utilize his talents.

I would love to see more I formations and power running. Unsure how successful we will be against UM and MSU with "finesse" as our OL is so depleted. Line it up and punch them both in the mouth ala Minnie to us, and flat wear them out.

I don't care who we are playing, who is in the backfield, who is at QB, etc. This should be the strategy EVERY game.