Interesting take on Michigan

http://www.freep.com/article/20131104/COL08/311040111/1054/sports06/Drew-Sharp-U-M-now-battling-MSU-Lions-hearts-state-s-football-fans

The Wolverines have the biggest stadium, the longest history and one of the coolest helmets. But they have accrued only one national championship in 65 years. They have gone nine years without a Big Ten championship. They have gone six years without a victory over a top-10 opponent.

I hope they're not hanging their hat on '97. Because Meechicken didn't win it in '97.

Still waiting on them to play the last two seconds of the 98 Rose Bowl ....

Exactly! Am I the only one who thinks Jake Plummer should have gotten a shot at the endzone there at the end?? Apparently the refs didn't think it mattered.

I hope they're not hanging their hat on '97. Because Meechicken didn't win it in '97.

Exactly! Am I the only one who thinks Jake Plummer should have gotten a shot at the endzone there at the end?? Apparently the refs didn't think it mattered.

Except it was Ryan Leaf and the Washington State Cougars.

• Fire 1

Except it was Ryan Leaf and the Washington State Cougars.

Yep, and so it was. My bad. I was mixing up the Rose Bowl from the year before, tOSU v. ASU. Nice catch. +1

Lets beat them!

* The Cornhuskers are No. 2 in the conference in third down defense, allowing opponents to convert just 28.2 percent of the time. Michigan was just 2 of 13 on third downs against MSU.

* Ameer Abdullah has rushed for at least 98 yards in every game this season, but hasn't had more than 24 carries in a single game. (give the ball to Ameer and we have a great shot to win)