Pelini "doubts Martinez return"

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9961684/taylor-martinez-nebraska-cornhuskers-not-return-bo-pelini-says

Well, none of us expected Taylor's career to end this way, especially with all the expectations for him this year.

But I think it is best to move on. We have a potential star QB in TA. He seems to be the guy for this year most definitely.

Tough break for Martinez, but I believe he wanted out of the limelight. He is a little awkward, and I think it showed with his play and the communication with his teammates. TA just seems to be a better fit. Wish the best for Taylor though.

If true, that's not how you want your Sr. year go down.

I still have a suspicion that injuries are being used to avoid the embarrassment/heat of benching a 4th year starter. We may never know.

I can't see how that would be true. What indication have we seen from Tommy that he is the better option when both are healthy?

• Fire 1

Did he play in 50% of our games? What are the rules for medical "Redshirt" (not sure if that's the correct term)?

I think the Taylor as QB1 at Nebraska is over, but could he come back as a receiver? Realistically, that's the only place that he could play in the NFL.

Medical redshirt is available for those who play in less than 25% of the games, as a result of injury. Taylor already has played in 4 games. This is his last year at NU.