Casey Martinez decides to open his mouth

NUpolo8

This study puts it at 8 percent. But I've seen others that have it higher.

http://www.adeccousa...ss-release.aspx

And I've thought the relationship between Casey and Taylor was odd for some time. Didn't Taylor get into trouble with Bo for talking to Casey on his cell phone in the locker room during a game? I've always had the impression that Casey was a over-involved "stage mom" and that Taylor was unable to grow as a man and a leader as a result.

You're also on the outside in, and frankly don't have a clue. I don't mean that with hostility; none of us has a clue.

It might be odd, but so what? Odd relationships with parents are not actually that odd because most people seem to have them.

It's not fair or respectful to speculate about people's internal motivations, intentions and hearts based on a very small sampling of external factors.

The one thing I think it is fair to say, though, and is quite obvious, is that Casey Martinez loves and supports his son dearly, which is something to celebrate in our time and culture where neither of those things exist as much as they should.

You could use that "on the outside looking in" argument with 99% of the topics posted here. We're outsiders posting on a message board based on the limited information we're able to glean as fans of the program. But that doesn't stop us from expressing our opinions.

No doubt Casey loves his kids. And that's a good thing, no question. But if as a result of loving your kids, you coddle, pamper, spoil and overprotect them from life, then you're not allowing them to grow as people and doing them a real disservice. That's becoming a very common and unfortunate social trend. And I see some real signs of it in the relationship between Taylor and his dad.

Did I miss the part in the article that said, "This is an unsolicited email from Taylor Martinez's father."? Really? Both my son were athletes. If one got injured and I was asked "what's wrong with_______" I would tell that person. I didn't wait for the coach to say,"It's OK, tell them". Thinking that no news service would want to know why TM is not playing is absurd. And too think that this article, because of what his father said, is in anyway usurping Bo's authority is down right ludicrous.

I think the younger brother is a lock according to the girl next door to them. My bosses daughter. She is senior along with (I can not remember his name). She says the family loves Nebraska, the whole family.

Are you talking about a 3rd brother ? Since Drake is already a redshirt DB. What am I missing ?

Little brother, Keaton.

WHAT!!! WOOOHOOO BRING ON K MAGIC!!!!

I think the younger brother is a lock according to the girl next door to them. My bosses daughter. She is senior along with (I can not remember his name). She says the family loves Nebraska, the whole family.

Are you talking about a 3rd brother ? Since Drake is already a redshirt DB. What am I missing ?

Little brother, Keaton.

I don't think he's much of a ball player.

Wasn't he initially injured with a late/cheap shot during our 2010 Missouri domination?

Yes it was in the Mizzou blowout (also where Helu Jr. ran for record yards iirc). Think it was on a west side sideline play but don't recall if it was illegal or dirty......

Wasn't he initially injured with a late/cheap shot during our 2010 Missouri domination?

Yes it was in the Mizzou blowout (also where Helu Jr. ran for record yards iirc). Think it was on a west side sideline play but don't recall if it was illegal or dirty......

It wasn't late or cheap. Just a routine tackle that had an unfortunate result.

At 5:30 of this video:

For whatever reason, Damon Benning seems to have had the same reaction, or stronger, as NUpolo. I don't really see on the surface what justifies that, but Damon is obviously closer to the situation. That makes his read interesting....not necessarily valid, but interesting. I wonder why he would feel that way?

For whatever reason, Damon Benning seems to have had the same reaction, or stronger, as NUpolo. I don't really see on the surface what justifies that, but Damon is obviously closer to the situation. That makes his read interesting....not necessarily valid, but interesting. I wonder why he would feel that way?

i think casey has developed a reputation of being overbearing and too involved, perhaps? that is just my guess. i really have no idea.

i think casey has developed a reputation of being overbearing and too involved, perhaps? that is just my guess. i really have no idea.

I suspect Damon also may have some inside info that he can't discuss. There have been rumors floating around for years about Casey micromanaging things and being too involved.

I can understand those thoughts, but I do find it hard to believe they would offer the younger brother, if he was such a problem. Adding more years of frustration to the situation would not be the smartest thing. And if they are talking with the youngest brother, that adds to the questions.

Little brother, Keaton.

I don't think he's much of a ball player.

I don't know what the playing situation is.... but according to maxpreps.com he ran 25 times for 227 yds the last two seasons.... 9.08ypc, 21 receptions for 323yds and 2 TDs, as a DB he had 3 interceptions for 78yds.....