Bring your towels #whipMSU

GSG

For students arriving early, the first 1,000 in the South student section will receive a black towel, courtesy of the Nebraska Athletic Department.

I don't know for sure, but I think that's an error on the article's end. My educated guess is that this is funded by the Iron N, which is a student group, and uses student allocation money.

I'm pretty sure the towels that were handed out at last years Michigan game were provided by the University. Here's a picture of the towels from last year. I could be wrong but I'm not sure the students would put the Highway Safety stuff at the bottom unless they were somehow able to help pay for the towels by advertising that.

XGWPJERAWRORXFZ.20121026125537.jpg

Yes, but the towels handed out before that, to only the students during the Wisconsin game, said 'Iron N' on them with nothing else. They went over really well so the athletic department decided to try it again throughout the entire stadium.

Ah, I gotcha. I remember them handing out the towels for the Wisconsin game but I never actually saw one.

Not only is it a dumb tradition, it's not even our tradition.

Double whammy.

Yeah, cause sitting there with our thumbs up our a$$es is so much better?! :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be my first choice, but at least it would be original.

No. That would be the opposite of original. We usually have 75,000 strong doing the "thumb up ass" technique at home games.

That's at the end of the first quarter. Usually by mid 4th quarter 25,000 of those folks take their thumbs out to look for their keys so they can "beat the crowd" back to Omaha.

• Fire 2

I'm a huge fan of the towel traditions some teams have. It's just a small way to keep fans active and involved. You'd be surprised how effective it can be. I'd like to see it more often.

Looks pretty cool on TV too. I got goosebumps watching games 3-5 of the WS when Cardinal fans were doing it. It was damn cool.