what we learned MSU edition

hskerprid

Just an FYI for everyone here..

Every. Single. Turnover....was by a freshman. Let that sink in.

4 of those turnovers were the most gift wrapped preventable turnovers possible. Catch the pitch. Throw the ball to the receiver. Hold onto the ball (punt). Hold onto the ball(fumble on 1). IT'S BASIC FOOTBALL. Freshman have nothing to do with it. These guys were taught these simple fundamentals 15 years ago.

Freshman have less time playing ball and adjusting to the game at this level and if you think that's not part of the problem, then step away from the bong. It does matter.

It does not matter, watch more football. All programs play lots of freshmen now, its a cop out, especially ten games into a season.

1) In a strange way, Pelini may have saved his job as we now won't suffer a national stage beatdown from Ohio State. MSU is not that good and Ohio State is going to demolish them in the BIG Championship. So, instead of us getting blasted by OSU in the championship we literally gave that opportunity to Sparty.

2) We gave this game away with 5 turnovers. Still SLOPPY.

3) Where was Q? In a big game when we need a physical presence, disappointed he didn't step up.

4) The officiating was horrendous...but that is all muted because of the 5 turnovers.

5) Sparty was clutch on 3rd down. Picked on our weak links...if you watched the game you know who they are.

6) Called it last week too. Westy is not a punt retuner.

7) I generally like Bo but am ready for a change. How are we still coming out and turning the ball over like this? We need a top head coach that prepares teams well. Then everyone will be amazed that we can finally "execute".

1. Love Westerkamp but he shouldn't be back for punts.

2. We should not run the traditional option! Bad things happen or no gain.

3. Randy is the man!

I disagree on the option. Without that high pitch newby had room to run. That will be our bread and butter next year if Armstrong is still our QB. If anything we should have run it more.

1) Michigan State's a good team. Sure, we made them look better by handing them 5 turnovers on OUR side of the field. I hate to think what the score might've been had we turned the ball over on THEIR side of the field instead of our side of the field. But, good teams take advantage of turnovers, and Michigan State did that. Defensively, I'm willing to bet Ohio State hammers Michigan State in the conference championship game.

2) We do have depth on the offensive line. Seriously, that was a ferocious defensive line, damn good linebackers, and a defensive mind in Narduzzi that we were going up against. We had nearly 200 rushing yards and Armstrong was not sacked once.

3) Armstrong has some learning to do. We see flashes of brilliance and we see flashes of just pure badness. He'll be in a fight with Stanton going into next year, but he can be a great quarterback for us. If we were willing to give TM the leeway as a freshman, we have to give TA that same room, as frustrating as it is.

4) I'm glad Abdullah will be here next year. I can't wait.

5) I'm excited for our defense. It's going to be a good time to be a Blackshirt the next few seasons.

6) It won't feel like it now, but our future is bright. We have the chance to be really good in the coming years.

Same story...different year. Not buying any hype anymore from this staff...

I like the option and think Tommy runs it pretty well. The pitch was not perfect but should have been handled, no matter if it was a freshman. It looked to me like most of the time we tried to run option today the D line got penetration inside and early and Tommy really didn't even have a chance to move down the line to get the play moving.

1) Michigan State's a good team. Sure, we made them look better by handing them 5 turnovers on OUR side of the field. I hate to think what the score might've been had we turned the ball over on THEIR side of the field instead of our side of the field. But, good teams take advantage of turnovers, and Michigan State did that. Defensively, I'm willing to bet Ohio State hammers Michigan State in the conference championship game.

2) We do have depth on the offensive line. Seriously, that was a ferocious defensive line, damn good linebackers, and a defensive mind in Narduzzi that we were going up against. We had nearly 200 rushing yards and Armstrong was not sacked once.

3) Armstrong has some learning to do. We see flashes of brilliance and we see flashes of just pure badness. He'll be in a fight with Stanton going into next year, but he can be a great quarterback for us. If we were willing to give TM the leeway as a freshman, we have to give TA that same room, as frustrating as it is.

4) I'm glad Abdullah will be here next year. I can't wait.

5) I'm excited for our defense. It's going to be a good time to be a Blackshirt the next few seasons.

6) It won't feel like it now, but our future is bright. We have the chance to be really good in the coming years.

Same story...different year. Not buying any hype anymore from this staff...

I'm part of the coaching staff? That's tremendous.

1) In a strange way, Pelini may have saved his job as we now won't suffer a national stage beatdown from Ohio State. MSU is not that good and Ohio State is going to demolish them in the BIG Championship. So, instead of us getting blasted by OSU in the championship we literally gave that opportunity to Sparty.

3) Where was Q? In a big game when we need a physical presence, disappointed he didn't step up.

4) The officiating was horrendous...but that is all muted because of the 5 turnovers.

5) Sparty was clutch on 3rd down. Picked on our weak links...if you watched the game you know who they are.

7) I generally like Bo but am ready for a change. How are we still coming out and turning the ball over like this? We need a top head coach that prepares teams well. Then everyone will be amazed that we can finally "execute".

Or maybe we made MSU not look good.

I don't think MSU is all that good. Below average offense. Defense is solid but not the best in the country. Wisky is ranked lower than them and I think would drub them. Would you rather play Wisky or MSU? OSU is going to bury them.

I don't think MSU is all that good. Below average offense. Defense is solid but not the best in the country. Wisky is ranked lower than them and I think would drub them. Would you rather play Wisky or MSU? OSU is going to bury them.

Wisky would probably beat us worse than Sparty. I think OSU will bury them as well.