Coordinators

If we would've won today everyone would be singing Bo's praises along with the rest of them. They had a decent game plan today-our boys just had butterfingers. Need to protect the ball and they simply didn't. However, they did do some really good things. AA and RG are so fun to watch! Birch (sp?) was fun to watch as well. We have a great team in the making and I for one can't wait to watch them grow up!

These threads couldn't be dumber.

I suppose Tim Beck does need to stop calling those fumbled snap plays. And those ones where Tommy throws behind the WR. Oh and the one where Westy drops the return.

Defense. What more could you ask of them?

Thank you ... and +1

The defense is young and holy sh!t...probably got a little gassed.....

The offensive line did a fantastic job, considering only 1 guy playing his true "starting" position

The plan on both sides by the COACHES was working....if we don't hand them the ball on the 8-22-3 yd line...

As a coach, you take the blame to protect the kids, but as fans...put the blame where it belongs.... anyone calling for any coaching changes, base on THIS loss, is just not seeing the true game.

• Fire 1

Look one thing is clear

What on earth are we doing calling a slow developing run play WITH A PULLING GUARD ON OUR OWN 1 YARD LINE

Yes, I will definitely agree with that remark...fair enough.... against that d-line with their ears pinned back.... not sure anything other than a QB keep should have been called.

Good post !

I suppose Tim Beck does need to stop calling those fumbled snap plays. And those ones where Tommy throws behind the WR. Oh and the one where Westy drops the return.

I agree......defense was great. My biggest complaint about Beck is going away from the ground game. I understand it's speculation on my part, but I think we got away from the ground game too quickly, especially on 2nd down.

I fire Bo. Things are subpar because of Bo not the coordinators.

Doesn't matter who the ACs are, the HC keeps them accountable. Bo hasn't gotten the job done. Enough of the scapegoating.

and that is why your not an AD. you don't have a clue.

Bo's teams turn the ball over and don't force enough TOs themselves. This is why he's -28 in TOs during his 6 seasons and has lost the TO battle 5 of his 6 seasons. It's a pattern, not bad luck.

Not to give up 41 points. Or letting them convert over half of their third downs.

Coaches are responsible for the substandard mental readiness and lack of discipline their team shows. Unless I was that drunk in the late 90's and forgot the part where Tom Osborne blamed a player for not executing his brilliant gameplan.

Look one thing is clear

What on earth are we doing calling a slow developing run play WITH A PULLING GUARD ON OUR OWN 1 YARD LINE

It was like UCLA 2012 all over again. I thought for sure we'd be sneaking it to give us a yard or two and just trying to get out of there with enough space to punt the ball back. If anything this game highlighted how much of a weapon a good punter can be. That dude has some serious skills with dropping the ball down inside the 10.

On another note, what the hell happened to our punter? After the first game I thought he was going to be great. He's been wildly inconsistent ever since.

So if you are Bo Pelini, do you fire Beck and Pap. Who do you go get? Maybe not specific names but the philosophy/scheme etc..

I will throw out the first 2 names

DC: Derek Mason, DC at Stanford

OC: Anyone from Wisconsin. Just get physicality back here in Lincoln!

Yes Derek Mason would come to a non 25 football program and leave a perennial top 10 team the last 4-5 years. F%#k it, give me some of the kool-aid you are drinking.

Money talks. Venables left OU for Clemson in a lateral move. Just got a pay raise.

And OU was glad he left. They really didn't want to keep him. He isn't that good of DC.

I agree......defense was great. My biggest complaint about Beck is going away from the ground game. I understand it's speculation on my part, but I think we got away from the ground game too quickly, especially on 2nd down.

The only time he went away from the ground game was the last two drives, in my opinion. I thought he showed great restraint not getting cute throughout the game until that point - we took some shots in the passing game, sure, but we established the run and we kept running it.

• Fire 1

The only time he went away from the ground game was the last two drives, in my opinion. I thought he showed great restraint not getting cute throughout the game until that point - we took some shots in the passing game, sure, but we established the run and we kept running it.

I'd be curious to know what our run/pass ratio was on 2nd down.

Not to give up 41 points. Or letting them convert over half of their third downs.

Coaches are responsible for the substandard mental readiness and lack of discipline their team shows. Unless I was that drunk in the late 90's and forgot the part where Tom Osborne blamed a player for not executing his brilliant gameplan.

You don't watch a lot of football do you?

Our defense didn't give up 41 points.