All this talk about Dobson and injuries. Injuries are flukes. Let's talk about Dobson and the 4th quarter instead. I'd say our guys look pretty good towards the end of the game. Not gassed and getting beat. How many games have we come from behind and won in the past couple of years? If it's close in the 4th quarter, seems like we generally end up winning. (Notable exception: Sparty. This year.) A lot of our solid play in the 4th quarter is due to our guys being in good shape and having stamina. Props to Dobs for that.

Really? Well why are our WR's and RB's tapping out after any sort of long run or route? It is ridiculous. Then with all of the fumbles and dropped passes that my friend comes down to S & C. Yes you will have your flukes and great hits stuff like that but no to the extent that our team has. It was almost embarrassing and I couldn't even imagine what it felt like for the players out there. Christ it was every other play damn near.

They're tapping out because we have depth and they're encouraged to do it. Fresh legs are what allowed us to come from behind in those games.

Exactly.....I am so tired of people claiming we are so out of shape because we are subbing players in and out.

All this talk about Dobson and injuries. Injuries are flukes. Let's talk about Dobson and the 4th quarter instead. I'd say our guys look pretty good towards the end of the game. Not gassed and getting beat. How many games have we come from behind and won in the past couple of years? If it's close in the 4th quarter, seems like we generally end up winning. (Notable exception: Sparty. This year.) A lot of our solid play in the 4th quarter is due to our guys being in good shape and having stamina. Props to Dobs for that.

Really? Well why are our WR's and RB's tapping out after any sort of long run or route? It is ridiculous. Then with all of the fumbles and dropped passes that my friend comes down to S & C. Yes you will have your flukes and great hits stuff like that but no to the extent that our team has. It was almost embarrassing and I couldn't even imagine what it felt like for the players out there. Christ it was every other play damn near.

They're tapping out because we have depth and they're encouraged to do it. Fresh legs are what allowed us to come from behind in those games.

Exactly.....I am so tired of people claiming we are so out of shape because we are subbing players in and out.

thats not why i'm claiming we're out of shape. i'm claiming we're out of shape because we're out of shape.

Give all 3 more touches and throw less. Problem solved.

On the year were exactly 60% run 40% pass, how run heavy do you really want us to be?

Iowa, Wisconsin, MSU are all within a percent of us. OSU is the only team moderately more run heavy and they are 63% run.

Our scout team offensive line was getting manhandled by a big talented, experienced Iowa defense and we automatically blame S&C? Yet we fain to see that they have manhandled each team they have faced this year, and only lost to tOSU by one score, and were neck and neck with Wisconsin until the last 6 minutes of the game where they got gassed. Minny isn't exactly small with one of the best DT's in the nation, and PSU, again scout team offensive line. 4/5 wouldn't even be starting if we weren't injured. Actually, I think all 5 are either new this year, or are playing new positions from where they were at the beginning of the year (I could be wrong, so please correct me if I am).

We looked tired in the first quarter against Northwestern, but only allowed 326 yards all game, 150 alone in the 1st, meaning we allowed 176 for the remaining 3 quarters. I think it was just these guys were confused and were trying to adjust, more than being "exhausted". I guess if the commentators say it, it must me true.

I have never heard of conditioning weakening the knees or ankles of players. I think some of those people who think that its S&C need to go back to these games and look at how these happened. Players falling on legs (SIDEWAYS) and tearing ligaments. I don't care who you are, if your having a 190+ guy falling on your leg and making it bend a way its not suppose to, your tearing something.

I was one who thought S&C was a big issue, but seeing the energy this team has at the end of the game, and how fresh Ameer looks with 20+ carries is a showing on its own.

is it S&C or will? I'm wondering if it's not a mental thing. Bell will run through the gates of hell (or whatever he says for Bo), but even though he's our best downfield threat he won't suck it up and play a full series. Adbdullah should not be tapping after a 10 yard run, he should be begging for the ball back to cram down their throat again. I don't think it's a lack of condition, more just a lack of want-to - which is on Bo.

We're a soft team. Maybe that is somewhat on S&C - but we're soft mentally and that is a bigger issue.

I haven't got to the end of the thread yet, so maybe this is moot.

But, I said in another thread of what is personally like to see is some ON THE FIELD leadership. Abdullah and Gregory play every play like it's their last. But we need guys who DEMAND that from each other or are shamed. We need ballers who make others be ballers, or GTFO.

I'm pretty sure nary a one of us, unless you are a marine or something could handle a workout or 2-a-days. I'm pretty sure they work their asses off in the weight room and training.

But, how does that translate onto the field? I mean, if we're the attackers we're less likely to get hurt. Freak injuries like Long or Rex will happen.

But we need the mental part, just "who is tougher?!?"...that I'd like to see more of. Men from the boys and whatnot.

• Fire 1

I would buy this if the coaches were pulling him out. I won't buy this because he is pulling himself out big difference. I do agree if we have the depth we need to use it for the long haul. They still shouldn't have to tap out as much as they do, and yes it could be as much mental as Physical (S&C) but one has a lot to do with the other also.

I have yet to see anyone who can give me how the injuries were caused by being out of shape. How does being in better shape prevent a lineman from having his leg rolled up on in the middle of the pile? How does being in better shape prevent K Bell from landing wrong on his shoulder? How does being in better shape prevent a QB from foot and ankle injuries?

People claiming this are stretching to find blame for something that just happens and unfortunately, it happened to our team a lot this year.

And, if this is the case, was our defense in better shape than our offense? We had far fewer injuries on that side of the ball.

Dobson needs to go focus on the family and GTFO of Lincoln.

yeah, I am all for that one... but seriously, S&C needs some help down there. Granted, we are not in the early stages of experimentation where Eppley was using products that would make an East German Olympian woman envious- but something needs to be done.