I don't know pass players handles but I would like know what they think on this

I thought they've overwhelmingly weighed in on this in the negative.

BTW, wasn't Dobson the former S&C coach at Iowa? If so, then perhaps we should look at hiring their current S&C coach, because we were doing poor in the trenches against Iowa IMO.

Any chance that these injuries are related to the surface we play on. It's a new field, don't know if that is a factor. But I was visiting with a NW fan at that game and he told me that, from his perspective, the injuries in that game looked to be related to the playing surface. I know they play on grass at their place, so it might be just the automatic, turf is bad no matter what, kind of thinking, but I can't rule it out in my own mind.

Somebody have a more educated perspective out there?

Of course I'm only going to remember the plays that a Huskers slipped, but it seems to me that footing was issues throughout the season both home and away. Maybe we also need to look at the equipment manager or whoever makes the shoe-ware choices. Man, everyone is on notice

• Fire 1

i don't think you can blame it all on S&C. S&C can help reduce injuries and certainly is a big difference in the second half performance and effort. I believe that S&C and a strong coaching on fundamentals can reduce injuries. Good body position and tackling/blocking fundamentals will help. You can never avoid all injuries but why such a rash of injuries?

From things my sons experienced, the new S&C guys think football is played with bursts of speed and exertion of less than 40 yards. Therefore, they only emphasize strength and agility work. They need a mix with endurance training. Helps the body recover more quickly from fatigue and muscle recovery (build up of acid in the muscle cells). I think the players are in a better condition to exert themselves at 100% play after play and later to do so in the later quarters.

Injuries are flukes, next.

Not when it is the same injuries happening over and over again. Something in the training might be weakening knees and ankles.

All the knee injuries are concerning... It would be just part of the game if they were getting rolled up on in the trenches, but many of the OL knee injuries occurred out in space... I think part of the off season needs to be spent looking at S&C as well as scheme and coaching staff...

All this talk about Dobson and injuries. Injuries are flukes. Let's talk about Dobson and the 4th quarter instead. I'd say our guys look pretty good towards the end of the game. Not gassed and getting beat. How many games have we come from behind and won in the past couple of years? If it's close in the 4th quarter, seems like we generally end up winning. (Notable exception: Sparty. This year.) A lot of our solid play in the 4th quarter is due to our guys being in good shape and having stamina. Props to Dobs for that.

All this talk about Dobson and injuries. Injuries are flukes. Let's talk about Dobson and the 4th quarter instead. I'd say our guys look pretty good towards the end of the game. Not gassed and getting beat. How many games have we come from behind and won in the past couple of years? If it's close in the 4th quarter, seems like we generally end up winning. (Notable exception: Sparty. This year.) A lot of our solid play in the 4th quarter is due to our guys being in good shape and having stamina. Props to Dobs for that.

Georgia last year & Iowa this year are exceptions. We win a lot of close games, but we seem to be in games until the middle of the 3rd, then get blown out. I am sure there are many contribution factors other than S&C

Really? Well why are our WR's and RB's tapping out after any sort of long run or route? It is ridiculous. Then with all of the fumbles and dropped passes that my friend comes down to S & C. Yes you will have your flukes and great hits stuff like that but no to the extent that our team has. It was almost embarrassing and I couldn't even imagine what it felt like for the players out there. Christ it was every other play damn near.

Really? Well why are our WR's and RB's tapping out after any sort of long run or route? It is ridiculous. Then with all of the fumbles and dropped passes that my friend comes down to S & C. Yes you will have your flukes and great hits stuff like that but no to the extent that our team has. It was almost embarrassing and I couldn't even imagine what it felt like for the players out there. Christ it was every other play damn near.

is it S&C or will? I'm wondering if it's not a mental thing. Bell will run through the gates of hell (or whatever he says for Bo), but even though he's our best downfield threat he won't suck it up and play a full series. Adbdullah should not be tapping after a 10 yard run, he should be begging for the ball back to cram down their throat again. I don't think it's a lack of condition, more just a lack of want-to - which is on Bo.

We're a soft team. Maybe that is somewhat on S&C - but we're soft mentally and that is a bigger issue.

is it S&C or will? I'm wondering if it's not a mental thing. Bell will run through the gates of hell (or whatever he says for Bo), but even though he's our best downfield threat he won't suck it up and play a full series. Adbdullah should not be tapping after a 10 yard run, he should be begging for the ball back to cram down their throat again. I don't think it's a lack of condition, more just a lack of want-to - which is on Bo.

We're a soft team. Maybe that is somewhat on S&C - but we're soft mentally and that is a bigger issue.

Sipple had an article where he talked to Brown about Abdulla. He talked about how Ameer has been playing through the pain since October and he does a pretty good job, but sometimes it's just too much and he has to sit out a few plays before he can go full speed again. Not sure that is strength and conditioning. It also sounds like he's pretty mentally tough, I'd have no reason to doubt his mental fortitude and will power, just look at the effort he give on EVERY play. KB has also been dinged up for half the year as well. They've probably both been sitting out practices, and while they can ride a bike to keep in shape, it's not going to compare for game shape. Look how many times Kenny and QE have sacrificed their bodies and tell me they don't "want to".