Don't be Foolish: Keep the Man

We played today with a third string QB and were missing 6 linemen. Have we all forgotten that the 95 Huskers could only muster 17points with a third string QB? GIve Pelini a break. Nick Saban could not have coached us to victory. Yeah, Bo lost his cool. So what. The hyennas were out in full force today. Yes, it got to him. He showed a little emotion. Wooooooo. Big freaking deal. It would be ludicrous to fire the man.

• Fire 3

Ah, see, you are operating under the presupposition that if he's going to be let go of, that it's the result of his wins and losses.

It isn't.

As a side matter of interest, mods, is there any feasible way to impose some restriction of a certain number of posts or a certain reputation level before you're granted the ability to create new topics?

I think that he needs to be judged on the totality of his work. Not just one game or getting pi$$ed in a press conference. If folks were treating me like a punk, I would lash out the same way. All folks have focused on the past 5 weeks is will Bo be fired. No matter how much he loves the program, it had to way on him. I'd b fighting mad as well.

I am not saying that there doesn't need to be expectations lined out going forward, staff doesn't need to be sent packing and practice regimes don't need to be changed, but firing Bo might put us back to 2004 or right back to 9 wins and losses. We know what we have with Bo and there has been improvement. I think this is from him taking a more direct role in the D. Paps and beck, IMO are lost and a detriment going forward. Bo fights to keep them, good for him. I respect the loyalty, I really do, but this is a business. Sometimes you have to make hard decisions. Is he more loyal to NU or friends......

Agree that this season, Saban couldn't have won with the patch work O we put on the field since the start of B1G play. Unsure how RKIII would look behind our original line, but he looked rough with the current one.

Unsure who makes the decision on ST or who plays at RB. ST has stunk all year and it was crazy to burn the shirt of Newby for his crap carries. Not to mention, today A was broken down and the staff (Beck?, Brown?) really didn't seem to want to try and get another back in the rotation.

Ah, see, you are operating under the presupposition that if he's going to be let go of, that it's the result of his wins and losses.

It isn't.

As a side matter of interest, mods, is there any feasible way to impose some restriction of a certain number of posts or a certain reputation level before you're granted the ability to create new topics?

I could get behind this. You must attain 2500 rep points before you can create a thread.

Bo's beat up team needed a hefty amount of good fortune to edge a Penn State team that was pounded decimated by sanctions.

Bo's beat up team needed a hefty amount of good fortune to edge a Northwestern team that was (is?) winless in the conference.

Bo's beat up team . . .

Excuses are like a$$hole$: Everyone's got at least one.

And the 3rd string qb was responsible for the crappy D today, or the inept coaching(lol fake punt).

There's more the a 3rd string qb and injuries

In defense of the crappy D, half of their drives started in NU territory. Our D was gassed from the jump. I have said this before, but rarely do I see Beck cal a game that aids the D, they get a stop, O TO's for a short field, Iowa scores and Beck goes all hurry up for another quick 3 and out. Throw in a shanked punt and they are worn out. Add in the questions about S&C and you have the perfect storm to make any D look bad.

With the staff, it is like the D coaches its phase, O its phase and ST ceases to exist. Neither phase complementing the other or trying to help the other phases out. Coaching? Yes. Lack of experienced staff? Yes. Could it be fixed by firing Bo? Possibly. Same with coordinators. Depends on who we pay/get.

And the 3rd string qb was responsible for the crappy D today, or the inept coaching(lol fake punt).

There's more the a 3rd string qb and injuries

In defense of the crappy D, half of their drives started in NU territory. Our D was gassed from the jump. I have said this before, but rarely do I see Beck cal a game that aids the D, they get a stop, O TO's for a short field, Iowa scores and Beck goes all hurry up for another quick 3 and out. Throw in a shanked punt and they are worn out. Add in the questions about S&C and you have the perfect storm to make any D look bad.

With the staff, it is like the D coaches its phase, O its phase and ST ceases to exist. Neither phase complementing the other or trying to help the other phases out. Coaching? Yes. Lack of experienced staff? Yes. Could it be fixed by firing Bo? Possibly. Same with coordinators. Depends on who we pay/get.

THIS THIS THIS, could not agree more. Would much rather see Beck get the ax and allow Pelini to bring in a coordinator who can handle the load, gameplan and make adjustments that not only benefits the offense but has the defense's consideration in mind as well. This is a topic that sometimes is discussed on here, seems to go away after wins and comes back after heartbreaking losses. The play calling this year has been consistently bailed out by the superb play of AA and will never be what is needed to be a consistent top 15 program which is what we all seem to aspire for realistically.

• Fire 1

We played today with a third string QB and were missing 6 linemen. Have we all forgotten that the 95 Huskers could only muster 17points with a third string QB? GIve Pelini a break. Nick Saban could not have coached us to victory. Yeah, Bo lost his cool. So what. The hyennas were out in full force today. Yes, it got to him. He showed a little emotion. Wooooooo. Big freaking deal. It would be ludicrous to fire the man.

I want a list of the 6 lineman we were missing, please

1. Have we gained anything in the last 6 years

2. Yeah, we're losing 4 games a year but look at the teams we're losing to. Those teams are getting worse and worse

3. Is our university being portrayed the way we want it portrayed

4. What is the best this staff can do? Are they legitimate title(of anything) contenders?

5. Is this relationship even able to be saved?

6. What is the biggest fear of a new coaching staff? Does that offset Bo staying

Personally I'm pretty confident with my answers, up to 5/6. And I'm not sure I can invest into yet another new coaching staff. I'm getting old I guess