From Shawn Eichorst

Wow, everyone watching he fight in the Michigan-OSU game?

It's a rivalry game. You get that sometimes. We'll see if Michigan can hold up for 4 quarters. I believe they scored on the option earlier so they're pulling out some new stuff.

As to Bo...we'll see. This team can't go into next year without something changing or it will be more of the same. Bo and his staff at the very least need to start learning again. Visiting other programs and getting a fresh perspective on things...

Wow, everyone watching he fight in the Michigan-OSU game?

It's a rivalry game. You get that sometimes. We'll see if Michigan can hold up for 4 quarters. I believe they scored on the option earlier so they're pulling out some new stuff.

As to Bo...we'll see. This team can't go into next year without something changing or it will be more of the same. Bo and his staff at the very least need to start learning again. Visiting other programs and getting a fresh perspective on things...

Visiting other programs for sure. Maybe they can find one they like.

I am not hearing any leaks concerning boosters. Does anyone have any info? Could it be that SE is trying to get the boosters to pitch in more money for the buyout?

My guess is that's the reason for SE's supportive statement: Not enough $$$s in the coffer yet to pull the trigger. AND - no one in the wings to hire quickly. Another year buys Eichorst time to look.

That said, Bo really can't lose more that two-three games next year and will probably need to win the division. 2014 has a schedule of about seven teams that could be ranked when we play them: Fresno, Miami, MSU, NW, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa.

The problem is that the Bo apologists have a quiver of excuses ready for every season. This year it was "injuries." (Though, as a factual matter, I actually don't think the injuries have been that much above average.) Next year it will (again) be a young offensive line.

The point is you can literally look at any season at any program and come up with excuses (youth, injuries, new scheme, etc.). But short of NCAA sanctions, there is rarely a legitimate excuse for a coach to underachieve. And when you factor in the counter excuses (namely the pathetic schedule), we have simply underachieved.

The real irony is that in the unlikely event Pelini does actually turn the corner and get some success, he's going to jump ship faster than you can say, "Bo don't go!" All the bizarre loyalty from the Husker fans will be rewarded with a middle finger from Pelini as he laughs all the way to the SEC.

I laugh at the youth excuse on defense. Who was responsible for keeping these kids on the bench last year? Who is responsible for recruiting?

Bo was. And if you didn't see VV, Moss, Curry, Collins, Banderas, Santos, Gerry, Rose, Cooper, Alexander, Gregory, and Mitchell making plays this year you're blind. Only 2 (TWO!) of those guys are upperclassman!!!!!!

Our defense is going to be great next year. Precisely because Bo gave them a year to develop.

I wholeheartedly agree we need some serious help with special teams and S&C. It's bad.

However, give Bo a break. It took two years to right the ship, 2 years to find "his guys" and now 2 years to recruit to his new conference. So lets just throw out a couple of those years as a new guy going through unthinkable change (and even through that, he's made 3 CCG) and realize this will be his first 3 year stretch (counting next year) where there wil be REAL consistency.

Turnovers, penalties, and behavior absolutely need to be cleaned up...100% agree and I have no more excuses or leash for that personally. If those can happen, I feel really good about the future.

It's because you folks insult our intelligence with ridiculous apologies for Bo. We're watching the games, too. We can see the stats.

It's also because it angers us to see our fellow fans acting like cowards. "Who we gonna get?" "We're worthless. No coach worth his salt would want us!"

Get off your high horse and stop acting like your opinion is the only valid one.

We are watching the same games as well. We see the same problems. It's simply a difference of opinions. No one is right or wrong in this. If everything was a very clear right or wrong then winning championships would be much easier.

Well you've been asked: Exactly what has improved recently?

Please, tell us what you see.

I don't normally cut and paste but:

"The D improved throughout the year and looked much better than last year. The O was decimated by injuries, but at times with TA running it, seemed very effective. Hard to really judge the O with the number of injuries, but the D was easily much improved.

We defeated a Michigan team that is taking it to Ohio State, were in the game with a possible top 10 Michigan State despite 5 turnovers. Last year we took it to a Georgia team (for 3 quarters) that was 5 yards away from possibly being the national champion.

And I honestly believe without the injuries or even with a healthy TM we go 10-2 this year and are playing for a Rose Bowl birth."

Lousianna, here is what I see there:

The D improved (somewhat) largely due to Bo finally going away from his containement D and letting the players attack. Which lasted for two or so games and then disappeared on every third down situation late in the MSU game when one stop might have gotten a win for us. Then our D let Iowa manhadle us for 38 points. I know the offense was a big contributor to us...........which leads us to that offense.

I know we had a lot of injuries. But the fumbles and inteceptions. We're close to the last in turnovers in the nation again. When that happens over and over again, it's symptomatic of a problem witht he system, which is on the coaching.

To me it looks more that same each year again, I feel like we're the college football version of Groundhog day. Rinse, repeat.

Total Mistake by Eichorst, absolutely poor for us long range to keep Bo, oh and the Michigan Ohio State game just broke into a Bo presser.......nice and timely, just sayin! two Buckeyes ejected and one backup LB from M gone, love to see M ruin the conference today, B1G get theirs in the end, unfortunately all schools lose bank for it though. Players and Coaches will come and go, none are above the brand, N!

Eichorst is taking a long view of the program. He doesn't give two sh#ts about Bo. He's looking at the buyout and wants to make sure that IF he pulls the trigger, he has a majority of booster/fan support and is not going to take us out of the frying pan an into the fire.

I really, really think Bo wants to leave. I think he hates it here. I think Bo was really hoping he would get fired so that the misery would end. Eichorst is in no rush, so why not make Bo sit in the smokehouse a little longer? Breathe it in, Bo; breathe it in. If you think Iowa was bad, wait till Bo marinates in this for a month and plays a pissed of Big 12 team in the BWW bowl. On Thursday, Bo was under the local media microscope. Now, he's under the national media's microscope. Maybe the sudden realization that he's still going to have to coach this team makes Bo amenable to resigning in exchange for a reduced buyout. The possibilities are endless.

If Bo hangs on, it's only going to get worse. Eichorst is not going to renew his contract, so recruiting is going to wither. Soon, we'll start having losing seasons. Bo will be the laughing stock of the coaching community and will be regarded by everyone in Nebraska as the enemy of the state. At that point, it becomes very easy and much cheaper to get rid of him. This might be against the short-term best interests of Nebraska, but again, Eichorst is taking a long view. The short term is not as much his concern.

Bo is done at Nebraska. The only question is how long Eichorst is going to let him languish on death row before he flips the switch.

The bolded statement I completely agree with. I think Bo is ready to leave and doesn't want to be here anymore. If rumors of Bo wanting to take the tOSU position were true, is it possible the NU administration refused to allow him to interview for it and Bo begrudgingly stayed?

The underlined statement. Are Husker fans willing to go thru this? This is Nebraska after all where we've had one losing season in how many decades? We all know how things went when Callahan went 4-7 and the fans teeth gnashing that endured. Is Eichorst willing to endure the pressure he will face if this were to pan out? Are fans willing to endure that on the assumption this is all part of a much larger plan to bring the program back to dominance?

It's because you folks insult our intelligence with ridiculous apologies for Bo. We're watching the games, too. We can see the stats.

It's also because it angers us to see our fellow fans acting like cowards. "Who we gonna get?" "We're worthless. No coach worth his salt would want us!"

Get off your high horse and stop acting like your opinion is the only valid one.

We are watching the same games as well. We see the same problems. It's simply a difference of opinions. No one is right or wrong in this. If everything was a very clear right or wrong then winning championships would be much easier.

Well you've been asked: Exactly what has improved recently?

Please, tell us what you see.

I don't normally cut and paste but:

"The D improved throughout the year and looked much better than last year. The O was decimated by injuries, but at times with TA running it, seemed very effective. Hard to really judge the O with the number of injuries, but the D was easily much improved.

We defeated a Michigan team that is taking it to Ohio State, were in the game with a possible top 10 Michigan State despite 5 turnovers. Last year we took it to a Georgia team (for 3 quarters) that was 5 yards away from possibly being the national champion.

And I honestly believe without the injuries or even with a healthy TM we go 10-2 this year and are playing for a Rose Bowl birth."

Lousianna, here is what I see there:

The D improved (somewhat) largely due to Bo finally going away from his containement D and letting the players attack. Which lasted for two or so games and then disappeared on every third down situation late in the MSU game when one stop might have gotten a win for us. Then our D let Iowa manhadle us for 38 points. I know the offense was a big contributor to us...........which leads us to that offense.

I know we had a lot of injuries. But the fumbles and inteceptions. We're close to the last in turnovers in the nation again. When that happens over and over again, it's symptomatic of a problem witht he system, which is on the coaching.

To me it looks more that same each year again, I feel like we're the college football version of Groundhog day. Rinse, repeat.

The offense has more problems than just injuries. I think Beck needs to develop an identity for this team. his play calling many times leaves us in holes that is unfair to expect the D to constantly fight. Bo improved the D this year and made adjustments, now the O needs the same change. If he can't do this, then we need someone else in charge who can.

I am ok with giving Bo 1-2 more years. Yes this year didn't go as planned, but we saw a defense get better throughout the year with alot of first year players and a bunch of first year contributors on an offense riddled with injuries. The future looks bright, and I would like to see Bo have his chance with these players.

We hear the same tired sh#t every year. You know what I saw at the game? A lot of empty seats. Not just the student section. It will continue next year. This is the least hopeful I've ever been about the direction of our program. We're a national laughing stock. I'm glad so many are okay with that.

The sellout streak may end next year. People are tired of Bo and the same poor fundamentals year after year.

I heard that some donors have been asked to pick up some slack in regards to seats that have not been renewed. I live in Omaha and my co-workers live and breathe Husker football. I would say there is roughly a 50-50 split of them wanting to see Bo go ( this was prior to Iowa) or stay.

Regardless of this, Bo will need to step up his game or there will be more much more apathy among the fans. I have lost some of my passion over the last 10 years. We just seem to be treading water.

Eichorst is taking a long view of the program. He doesn't give two sh#ts about Bo. He's looking at the buyout and wants to make sure that IF he pulls the trigger, he has a majority of booster/fan support and is not going to take us out of the frying pan an into the fire.

I really, really think Bo wants to leave. I think he hates it here. I think Bo was really hoping he would get fired so that the misery would end. Eichorst is in no rush, so why not make Bo sit in the smokehouse a little longer? Breathe it in, Bo; breathe it in. If you think Iowa was bad, wait till Bo marinates in this for a month and plays a pissed of Big 12 team in the BWW bowl. On Thursday, Bo was under the local media microscope. Now, he's under the national media's microscope. Maybe the sudden realization that he's still going to have to coach this team makes Bo amenable to resigning in exchange for a reduced buyout. The possibilities are endless.

If Bo hangs on, it's only going to get worse. Eichorst is not going to renew his contract, so recruiting is going to wither. Soon, we'll start having losing seasons. Bo will be the laughing stock of the coaching community and will be regarded by everyone in Nebraska as the enemy of the state. At that point, it becomes very easy and much cheaper to get rid of him. This might be against the short-term best interests of Nebraska, but again, Eichorst is taking a long view. The short term is not as much his concern.

Bo is done at Nebraska. The only question is how long Eichorst is going to let him languish on death row before he flips the switch.

The bolded statement I completely agree with. I think Bo is ready to leave and doesn't want to be here anymore. If rumors of Bo wanting to take the tOSU position were true, is it possible the NU administration refused to allow him to interview for it and Bo begrudgingly stayed?

The underlined statement. Are Husker fans willing to go thru this? This is Nebraska after all where we've had one losing season in how many decades? We all know how things went when Callahan went 4-7 and the fans teeth gnashing that endured. Is Eichorst willing to endure the pressure he will face if this were to pan out? Are fans willing to endure that on the assumption this is all part of a much larger plan to bring the program back to dominance?

Hujan, that was a very thought-provoking original post. Though I really hope your theory is wrong, especially the part HuskerfaninOkieLand underlined and then expounded on. Watching the program wither and recruiting suffer would be so disheartening. I really doubt that Eichorst allows it to get that far. It would really make Bo's tenure worthless (and he has accomplished good and turned us around).