School fined $10k by conference

Fined 10k and reprimanded and the dudes for tOSU and Mich got nothing additional, for fighting and flipping off the crowd, give me a break, stupid B1G, stupid Daleny

you are right. players should be expected to be as mature, if not more mature, than a head coach.

although, everyone knows you can never criticize the refs. so there's that.

Fined 10k and reprimanded and the dudes for tOSU and Mich got nothing additional, for fighting and flipping off the crowd, give me a break, stupid B1G, stupid Daleny

you are right. players should be expected to be as mature, if not more mature, than a head coach.

although, everyone knows you can never criticize the refs. so there's that.

I hope the bar you are setting for maturity isn't a coach that acted like a petulant child on friday

Am I one of the few that believes the ref made the right call? It's probably been mentioned already but the referees approach these situations as if every receiver is a super-human athlete, regardless of actual ability. So, if a pass is within the realm of possibility of being caught, they're going to throw a flag.

Now, personally, I think this ball was a little out of reach, but we had no business tackling the receiver in the first place.

Players can't make decisions that take the outcome of a play/game out of their hands and put it into the hands of the referees.

• Fire 1

Am I one of the few that believes the ref made the right call? It's probably been mentioned already but the referees approach these situations as if every receiver is a super-human athlete, regardless of actual ability. So, if a pass is within the realm of possibility of being caught, they're going to throw a flag.

Now, personally, I think this ball was a little out of reach, but we had no business tackling the receiver in the first place.

Players can't make decisions that take the outcome of a play/game out of their hands and put it into the hands of the referees.

I'd be more apt to buy into this theory if they didn't pick up interference flags because passes were deemed uncatchable. I've seen this happen several times in the past few weeks alone. It's a valid concern.

Did the officials huddle and talk about it. Usually one of the others will come in and talk with the one who threw the flag to let him know the ball was probably not catchable (I didn't see the play so I don't know).

While I think the conference officiating is atrocious, I think they are that bad accros the board. I think if people watched all the Big10 games objectively, you would see that there are horrible calls to go around. Against all the teams.