In which areas do you actually expect improvement in 2014?

Ulty

In which areas do you actually expect improvement in 2014?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So with Bo sticking around in 2014, do we actually expect significant improvement? The subjects listed in the poll are issues that have been apparent not just this year, but topics of discussion since Bo arrived (just off the top of my head).

It seems to me that penalties actually improved this season, and recruiting is not going too badly all things considered, but how much improvement can we expect moving forward?

Why do you think so?

My pessimistic opinion is that not much is going to change, and we'll be stuck in this exact same place next year. But I didn't want to start another useless thread giving my opinion of Bo staying or leaving. So I started this useless poll instead. I'm interested to see what everyone's expectations are for next year.

So with Bo sticking around in 2014, do we actually expect significant improvement? The subjects listed in the poll are issues that have been apparent not just this year, but topics of discussion since Bo arrived (just off the top of my head).

It seems to me that penalties actually improved this season, and recruiting is not going too badly all things considered, but how much improvement can we expect moving forward?

Why do you think so?

My pessimistic opinion is that not much is going to change, and we'll be stuck in this exact same place next year. But I didn't want to start another useless thread giving my opinion of Bo staying or leaving. So I started this useless thread instead. I'm interested to see what everyone's expectations are for next year.

One of the biggest things I want to see change, that you left out, is Special Teams. We have to have some of thee worst ST in the country and I just don't understand how you can be so bad at it. We struggle to succeed with even the most basic aspects of Special Teams. I'd list all the things we do terribly on ST but it would probably be easier to list the things we do well (which is next to none).

What exactly has Pelini done since 2010 to make anyone think there will BE any improvements?

Nothing, but............................

I am going to sit here and have faith that this year was kind of an enigma. Lots of Talent, Lots of Injuries, Lots of Expectations, Lots of Drama.

The drama sucks, but I think it will push the team closer as they fight through it. Next year barring the injuries should be better than this year.

If not, I think its a reboot.

The 2 areas that really need improvement IMO are

1. Turnover margin. They need to have less turnovers and generate more turnovers. When the amount of turnovers gets to this level and is this consistent it is a mental thing.

2. Special teams specifically punt and punt return teams. The other teams are doing fine, in fact kick return and KO improved IMO this year.

Punt team was very inconsistent, specifically Sam Folts needs to get more consistent. Yes he had some very nice punts but he also had a lot of very bad punts.

Punt return was nonexistent and it cost them field position far to many times. He is to worried about a punt fake. He needs to come up with a scheme. He also needs to find someone that can consistently catch punts and make the first guy miss.

Fixing these 2 things IMO would have most likely won 2 more games this year. If NU goes even -3 in turnovers against MSU they may have won that game. TO and punting/punt return cost NU field position to such a great degree that Iowa half of their possessions starting in plus territory.

• Fire 1

He also needs to find someone that can consistently catch punts and make the first guy miss.

IMHO Westercamp isn't the problem.

I don't really know how much we take into account how hard it is to field a ball with 2 or more guys always breathing down your neck when your trying to catch a ball.

I think the odds of someone actually faking is well less then a muffed punt.

Have to play the odds.