Any Chance TM can play/start the bowl game?

he played in what, 45 games during his career here...and you managed to list 11. Yup, that's about right...

The distinguishing characteristic given was 'big games', not all games. Not exactly a scientific metric for determining what is or isn't big, but I looked mostly at games in hostile environments, primetime national matchups and against ranked teams.

Please, if you go back and actually look at the box scores Martinez did jack in a lot of those games. If I recall, 2010 missouri was Helu's 300 yard rushing performance and a lot of these games you mention coincide with a huge performance from one of our backs or timely play by our defense. People seem to be real quick to forget games where he single handily threw us out of games by throwing horrible picks without a nebraska receiver within 5-10 yards of the ball.

I'm going to echo Knapp and say, yes, please, come back at me with statistics to prove your point.

But even if you do, you're having it both ways. You can't simultaneously discredit him for single-handedly losing us games while also discrediting him for not single-handedly winning us games.

Actually you know nevermind, I'll do the statistics myself thanks:

2010 Washington (First ever game against BCS competition in the loudest stadium in the country)

150 yards passing, 1 TD, 0 picks - 137 yards rushing, 3 TD

2010 Kansas State (Thursday night conference opener on national primetime television)

128 yards passing, 1 TD, 0 picks - 241 yards rushing, 4 TD

2010 Oklahoma State (Away game against #14 ranked team)

323 yards passing, 5 TD, 0 INT - 112 yards rushing

2010 Missouri (Against #6 ranked team)

115 yards passing, 1 TD, 0 INT - 16 yards rushing (was injured in the 3rd quarter)

2011 Ohio State (Primetime national game against a bad OSU team that still had elite talent)

191 yards passing, 2 TD, 1 INT - 102 yards rushing, 1 TD

2011 Michigan State (Against #9 ranked team)

80 yards passing, 1 TD, 1 INT - 23 yards rushing

2011 Penn State (Away game against #12 ranked team)

143 yarsd passing, 0 TD, 0 INT - 56 yards rushing

2012 Wisconsin (Primetime national game)

181 yards passing, 2 TD, 0 INT - 107 yards rushing, 1 TD

2012 Northwestern (Away game against the team that finished the season #16)

342 yards passing, 3 TD, 0 INT - 65 yards rushing, 1 TD

2012 Michigan (Against #20 ranked team)

166 yards passing, 1 TD, 1 INT - 58 yards rushing

2012 Michigan State (Away game, quasi night/primetime game. Debatable on 'big game' metrics I suppose)

160 yards passing, 2 TD, 3 INT - 205 yards rushing, 2 TD

Thank you for showing the individual game stats for I was too lazy to click on each game. I'll be the first to agree that Taylor had monster performances at times but in no way did he "carry" the team or was the reason for some of those victories. Look at the flip side to some of those games you cites- 2012 Wisconsin win, great comeback win on national TV against a team we were favored to beat and then get smoked 2 1/2 months later on national TV by the same team.

2011 Ohio state? That's a reach, considering they went 6-7, fresh off the Tressel story and was a mess in every facet that year,.

I know our QB situation is not something to be desired this year and Taylor should start the bowl game if healthy as he does give our team the best chance to win, but he has also been guilty of not showing up on big stages. When I recall Taylor's career for what he is responsible for (not how atrocious our defense has been, although this does affect him too) I will remember a guy who had some great games here and there, sprinkled in with some real duds and just average overall play. For someone who was always mentioned as a dark horse heisman candidate to start the year, never once did he live up to those expecations (barring injury(

Bigger question, for him anyway: will Taylor be healthy/ready for NU pro day?

And please don't argue about whether he's good enough or not, cuz that's not the question.

Yeah I am going to argue about whether if he is good or not because he is not. Oh yeah NFL teams are just going nuts of this guy that cant throw has great speed in the college game but so-so speed in the NFL!!! Give me a break I bet you thought Eric Crouch was going to be a hell of an NFL QB to!! He EC couldn't even win the starting QB job for a semi-pro team. What a joke statement

And please don't argue about whether he's good enough or not, cuz that's not the question.

Yeah I am going to argue about whether if he is good or not because he is not. Oh yeah NFL teams are just going nuts of this guy that cant throw has great speed in the college game but so-so speed in the NFL!!! Give me a break I bet you thought Eric Crouch was going to be a hell of an NFL QB to!! He EC couldn't even win the starting QB job for a semi-pro team. What a joke statement

If shoelace can get drafted, so can Martinez.

Shoelace actually has lateral moves, speed and quickness... Martinez great straight line runner, but lateral movements, deception, shiftiness, etc- not so much.

Hey guys what's your favorite kind fruit? I'm not asking if you eat fruit just what kind of fruit you like the most?

I eat fruit.

• Fire 1

Shoelace actually has lateral moves, speed and quickness... Martinez great straight line runner, but lateral movements, deception, shiftiness, etc- not so much.

While that may be true, if you asked me which one I would take as my starting qb in college it would be Martinez without a doubt. Martinez may lack those qualities but he's still the better overall athlete, IMO.

Being on NFL watchlists doesnt make you a great College QB. Tebow, McCoyboth carried their teams to greatness. Both sucked in the League.

Martinez was most definitely the catalyst for alot of those wins. Taylor may have not been a great vocal leader but dammit his on the field management was nothing to sneeze at.

Being on NFL watchlists doesnt make you a great College QB. Tebow, McCoyboth carried their teams to greatness. Both sucked in the League.

Martinez was most definitely the catalyst for alot of those wins. Taylor may have not been a great vocal leader but dammit his on the field management was nothing to sneeze at.

You had me at dammit, I'm convinced

playing t-mart now would do more harm than good.

How so? You have a freshmen that's fumble prone and never been in a bowl scenario, a senior that's made on career start and is interception prone, or a 4 year starter that hasn't been healthy all year

I'd say any way you go would be devils advocate