Any Chance TM can play/start the bowl game?

playing t-mart now would do more harm than good.

How so? You have a freshmen that's fumble prone and never been in a bowl scenario, a senior that's made on career start and is interception prone, or a 4 year starter that hasn't been healthy all year

I'd say any way you go would be devils advocate

You play the qb or qb's that have been playing not someone that has played in a while.

How so? You have a freshmen that's fumble prone and never been in a bowl scenario, a senior that's made on career start and is interception prone, or a 4 year starter that hasn't been healthy all year

You play the qb or qb's that have been playing not someone that has played in a while.

Even if the QB in question is a 4 year starter, has played in 3 bowls, 2 conference title games and knows the offense inside and out? You play a freshman with turnover issues and has never been exposed to the type of game it would be? If the season is a wash like some say, play the guy whose earned it, Taylor. If the season is still salvageable like some think, play the guy that gives you the best chance to win, Taylor.

Who ever starts, he will be fumble, INT prone. Take all that away and go with the guy who has more upside than the other 2. A hobbled Martinez would be a no go as would a hobbled TA. I would ASSume that a healthy RKIII gets the start. I still think Martinez is a few months away from being 100%. TA who knows.

IMO, get Martinez some playing time so he can have a bowl win. Then rest him. Let him get ready for the combine.

Even if the QB in question is a 4 year starter, has played in 3 bowls, 2 conference title games and knows the offense inside and out? You play a freshman with turnover issues and has never been exposed to the type of game it would be? If the season is a wash like some say, play the guy whose earned it, Taylor. If the season is still salvageable like some think, play the guy that gives you the best chance to win, Taylor.

Lol and Taylor doesn't have his own fumble issues right?

ha

ha

ha.

Lol and Taylor doesn't have his own fumble issues right?

ha

ha

ha.

Taylors turnovers are over 4 years. Tommy is over 2/3 a season. Not entirely certain who has more at this point.

I think Nebraska is in future-preparing mode but seeing Taylor get one more chance to go out there and shine would be great. He has given a lot of himself to the program and it would be wonderful to send him out a winner.

Given all that has occurred a bowl win would help this program a ton, especially over Texas. I'd say the future is now, play whomever gets us the best chance of a W.

Does anybody here REALLY know the status of Taylors injuries come the end of the month? Or Armstrongs for that matter? If Taylor is capable of playing a complete game come Bowl time, you play him. If hes 75% maybe a couple series just to get him in there. If he's less than that, you give him the ball to kneel. Taylor is not an NFL Quarterback and he doesn't want to switch positions so his career is done after this season. Even if he gets banged up it's not like he just threw away his Pro ball career.

Play both TM and TA. It's that simple. Allow TM to exit his career by playing well and work in TA because he will be with the 2014 Nebraska Cornhuskers. That makes sense. You want to exit a legend on a good note who has been banged up during 2013, but you need to give reps to TA as he needs it for next year. Everyone keeps forgetting that TA won the Michigan game on the road.

Play both TM and TA. It's that simple. Allow TM to exit his career by playing well and work in TA because he will be with the 2014 Nebraska Cornhuskers. That makes sense. You want to exit a legend on a good note who has been banged up during 2013, but you need to give reps to TA as he needs it for next year. Everyone keeps forgetting that TA won the Michigan game on the road.

we need a bowl win, we don't owe Taylor anything

we need a bowl win, we don't owe Taylor anything

jiFfM.jpg

I've never been a TM fan. The guy had guts, but almost always under performed in big games. However, I'll admit that TM gives us a chance to score more points than does TA. If he's fit, let's use him. However, let's bring TA in for a few series, too.

Like the come back games against Ohio State and Michigan State?