Will Bo Pelini ever win a National Championship at Nebraska (Poll)

Does Bo win a NC as Nebraska's Head Coach?  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really not much different, stubborn beyond belief, loyal to their assistants. Last year could have been a disaster and this year could be very close without the hailmary completion. Bo won his best games with BC's recruits, who knows BC could have turned the corner given another year. Doubtful, at least Bo is getting another year to try. Neither were/are media darlings for sure. Not just about wins and losses for me. I truly consider their time here very similar at this point.

Bo lived off of his talent, who is to say he could not have produced had he changed his DC. Not a Callahan fan by any means, but their patterns are exactly the same other than recruiting, which BC beats him to death.

Ball bouncing the right way last year, wrong way, different calls, Bo has had more good luck than bad luck.

Not really much difference between the two. Bo has been given more time because of Callahans recruits.

Callahan walked into a hornets nest, Bo was loved from the second anyone thought he might show up here. Two totally different situations.

Yea mince words, you know exactly what I mean. BC was pretty much hated from the day he was announced, Bo could walk on water around here, although in his great prior tour he never even came close to winning an important game. People were looking for a reason any reason to hate BC, we are six years in to Pelini and some, you included try to think of any reason that he is doing a good job. put up with being told to get Fd, and crawl back for more. We could not/would not buy him out, that is the reason he is here. Now I am hoping he gets it together and wins next year. I support him as much as I can, but it would be hard to tell them apart if you did not know who had the two luckier seasons.

Yea mince words, you know exactly what I mean. BC was pretty much hated from the day he was announced, Bo could walk on water around here, although in his great prior tour he never even came close to winning an important game. People were looking for a reason any reason to hate BC, we are six years in to Pelini and some, you included try to think of any reason that he is doing a good job. put up with being told to get Fd, and crawl back for more. We could not/would not buy him out, that is the reason he is here. Now I am hoping he gets it together and wins next year. I support him as much as I can, but it would be hard to tell them apart if you did not know who had the two luckier seasons.

Ah, a jilted Callahan lover. That explains a lot.

• Fire 1
:facepalm:

People seem to forget it took Osborne about 20 years before he won his first MNC title

Meaning what exactly?

Meaning NU fans can be a fickle bunch and expect the team to win a MNC every damn year. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, Huskers fans can be a bunch of whiny-ass babies if things don't go the way they want them to go some Husker fans think that because it took Osborne 20 years to win a MNC, everybody should just shut up and wait another 15 years to actually expect Nebraska to win anything meaningful, because apparently it's impossible for any other coach to win a MNC until they've been coaching for 20 years too.

I fixed it for you. You're welcome.

Ah, a jilted Callahan lover. That explains a lot.

I don't always agree with skersfsn, but he ain't that.

It just helps your myopia to believe that he does.

Jesus, there are some delusional people on both sides of the fence. We had no chance of winning a NC with a 100% healthy Martinez. Sorry.

That's patently false. We had a chance. Vegas even had odds on it.

But it's not hard to believe that a 100% healthy Martinez could have made a huge difference in our four losses.

We easily handled UCLA while they still believed that Martinez was a running threat. Once they figured out he wasn't, it was easy to stop him. There's no reason to believe we wouldn't have had enough offensive success in the 2nd half to win the game had Martinez been 100%. I can make the same case in all four losses.

If we were undefeated right now, we would be playing for the NC.

Does Pelini hatred blind people so much that they refuse to see this possibility?

There's sipping the Kool-Aid... and then there's shotgunning the whole pitcher. Take a guess at what I'm accusing you of.

How would've a healthy Taylor Martinez made up for our defense, or for Beck's tendency to move away from what works and try to go Air Coryell with QBs that aren't pass-first QBs and a line that isn't a pass-blocking-first line? There are too many shortcomings on the team for a 100% healthy QB to make up for. ANY 100% healthy QB.

:facepalm:

People seem to forget it took Osborne about 20 years before he won his first MNC title

People seem to forget that Osborne played for National Titles long before he won one. People seem to forget that Osborne had 18 top 10 finishes, 24 top 15 finishes and NEVER finished a season unranked. Osborne's teams never showed up unprepared and his staff was never out coached even though sometimes the Huskers were outplayed on the field.

Elf wins a cigar!!! This is what it is about!!!!!! I remember the heartbreaking loses during the Osborne era BUT Nebraska never (NEVER) look as horrible on the field as they have looked under Pelini or Callahan or Solich.