NU vs Georgia in the Gator Bowl

Nobody

Sure beats playing KState, WSU or Cuse! GBR!

KSU in Tempe would have generated more interest.

But wouldn't have gave us to an opportunity to make a statement win.

This Georgia team is more injured than even Nebraska.

Even a win over an "injured" UGA would still look 100x's better then a win over KSU.

First big step back to prominence. Beat an SEC team (don't give a hoot if they are beat up, so are we) on national TV. Revenge last year's loss ala "unfinished business" and launch the Huskers into Spring Ball. Playing on Jan 1 gives the team (aka young studs) 3 more days of practice time. I think a lot of people don't appreciate the value a bowl game has in terms of extending the year/practices for almost a month. That's way important in my mind, especially if you have a young team.

!!!!!!!!!!GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!

• Fire 1

Would have rather had LSU, simply because it's something new, but I'm happy to be playing SEC again.

The upside for team confidence and national perception is way better than playing the Kitties late at night. Even if Georgia is injured and may not even be as good as K St (who knows), the perception is that they're way better because they're in the SEC. And perception counts in this crazy sport.

Forgive me for not being on the same page here... But why is this such a bad match-up? With how our season went, especially with Iowa, we are lucky to have such a good opponent. I know they don't have Murray and have underperformed, and that this is a re-match, but we were looking at freaking KSU and Washinton State :shrug:

• Fire 1

some people are quick to forget that this could end up pretty bad....

i don't know about you but i'm not interested in losing to south carolina twice back to back and georgia twice back to back. we could come out of this looking pretty bad to recruits in the southeaset.

• Fire 1

NOBODY is going to show up lol

Wrong. I'll be there for sure....although I'll probably just pick up cheap tix from a scalper outside the stadium.

I am just taking a stab at it, but I am sure they will be cheaper on stubhub a week before the game lol.

May be, but 1. I'm good with waiting until the last possible second and getting the best deal possible 2. I like messing with scalpers ;)

EDIT: Also, for everyone down on the re-match, this is a COMPLETELY different and YOUNG i.e horrible UGA defense. While the UGA offense, injuries and all, can be pretty potent, I think this could actually be a more competitive game than last year. Helps with exposure; win over an SEC power is HUGE.