NU vs Georgia in the Gator Bowl

Nobody

I don't think it is too far-fetched to think we can win. Georgia wasn't actually world-beaters before and now they've lost one of the most prolific QBs in SEC history.

i was asking honestly. because i know they are injury-riddled, but they probably still pretty decent. and i thought murray got injured pretty early in the season.

basically, this just seems like a game that is impossible to predict. given our inconsistencies and injuries and their injuries.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan 31m

Michigan fans don't want to go to Tempe, Kansas State fans don't want to play Michigan and nobody wants a UGA vs. Neb. rematch.

Exactly, flip Nebraska and Michigan and you have two matchups that people want. It was so easy that they were bound to get it wrong.

I totally disagree here. Nebraska gets nothing with a rematch of K-state whose had an even worse year. I'd rather take on the SEC again even if it is a rematch.

IMO things could be much worse than facing Georgia in the Gator. I'm not extremely fond of the rematch but it will give us an opportunity for a quality win. Let's look at the possibilities-

We get blown out- at least it would be at the hands of a respected sec team and not to some lesser opponent.

We lose- See above.

We win- We beat an sec team in sec country. Can't see a downside to that.

Now consider those same scenarios with the opponent being KSU, Wash St., or LSU. The only difference I see would be, if we beat LSU it could be viewed as a much greater victory, but does anyone really think that would be a probable outcome?

I, like some others, definitely would've preferred a matchup with Texass, but we didn't get it. If we want to begin repairing our national perception, Georgia would be a good starting point. And let's be honest, if we're going to lose, does it really matter?

I don't think it is too far-fetched to think we can win. Georgia wasn't actually world-beaters before and now they've lost one of the most prolific QBs in SEC history.

i was asking honestly. because i know they are injury-riddled, but they probably still pretty decent. and i thought murray got injured pretty early in the season.

basically, this just seems like a game that is impossible to predict. given our inconsistencies and injuries and their injuries.

Murray destroyed his knee the second to last our last game of the year. They lost a bunch of skill guys early and their injuries continued from there

It's a conspiracy. ESPN, who picks everything that is college football, wanted to make sure that they put Nebraska in the least beneficial, least interesting scenario to fans bowl they could think of. I wonder if Nebraska could win...and dominate...their bowl game.

We all know the answer to that.

You should use the sarcasm emoticon so we know...

Well played, man. I actually commend myself on doing a really sh*tty job, but I'll +1 you on your attentiveness.

This will actually be a really good experience for our young guys, win or lose. Think about it. The likes of Curry, Valentine, Gregory, Banderas, Rose, Westerkamp, Armstrong, Sterrup, Newby, and so on and so on, getting first hand experience of big boy SEC football-which is evidently the standard now-and yet also a chance to compete and win since they will be without their QB. Could be a huge catapult.

IMO things could be much worse than facing Georgia in the Gator. I'm not extremely fond of the rematch but it will give us an opportunity for a quality win. Let's look at the possibilities-

We get blown out- at least it would be at the hands of a respected sec team and not to some lesser opponent.

We lose- See above.

We win- We beat an sec team in sec country. Can't see a downside to that.

Now consider those same scenarios with the opponent being KSU, Wash St., or LSU. The only difference I see would be, if we beat LSU it could be viewed as a much greater victory, but does anyone really think that would be a probable outcome?

I, like some others, definitely would've preferred a matchup with Texass, but we didn't get it. If we want to begin repairing our national perception, Georgia would be a good starting point. And let's be honest, if we're going to lose, does it really matter?

I agree with everything you said man except LSU. I think LSU or Georgia is a good draw relative to KSU and Washington State.

This will actually be a really good experience for our young guys, win or lose. Think about it. The likes of Curry, Valentine, Gregory, Banderas, Rose, Westerkamp, Armstrong, Sterrup, Newby, and so on and so on, getting first hand experience of big boy SEC football-which is evidently the standard now-and yet also a chance to compete and win since they will be without their QB. Could be a huge catapult.

i get the logic, but has this ever been the case? has the result of a bowl game ever had any meaningful influence on how the team performs the following year?

this just seems like one of those things we say to give us a reason to feel better and keep hoping that something changes. i think it would be great if we won, help cap this season with a positive, but i think what we need is a good spring and great fall camp to get these guys in position to win next year.

i get the logic, but has this ever been the case? has the result of a bowl game ever had any meaningful influence on how the team performs the following year?

this just seems like one of those things we say to give us a reason to feel better and keep hoping that something changes. i think it would be great if we won, help cap this season with a positive, but i think what we need is a good spring and great fall camp to get these guys in position to win next year.

Well I think it depends on the year and situation. With NU having so many young guys this year relative to other seasons, I do think this could be a building block and confidence builder. I honestly think a big part of winning big games in the regular season is having the confidence/swagger that you can beat a tough opponent.