NU vs Georgia in the Gator Bowl

Nobody

Sure beats playing KState, WSU or Cuse! GBR!

KSU in Tempe would have generated more interest.

But wouldn't have gave us to an opportunity to make a statement win.

This Georgia team is more injured than even Nebraska.

Even a win over an "injured" UGA would still look 100x's better then a win over KSU.

A win over an "injured" UGA will look 1000x's better than a loss to KSU.

I just don't see much upside in this one other than for ourselves.

Win and it's going to be much more about the Georgia injuries (national media wise) than us playing well. I don't think a win is going to bring all the adulation of beating an SEC team many think it will. I think a win will do more for HuskerNation to help have a more postive feeling going into the spring. But I think a win over KSU in a well attended game would have accomplished the same thing.

I respectfully disagree. I feel like a KSU matchup is a no-win situation. We should go into the game with the expectation we'll win, so if we do win, we just beat a nobody from a conference that is not doing that well. If we don't win, it would be far worse than losing to an SEC team. Georgia at least presents some opportunity for an upside by beating a Ranked SEC team on New Years day.

I'm sure we're not complaining of a rematch if this was the Sugar Bowl or something like that. We didn't do anything to help the situation. Neither did Georgia.

As a matchup, this is a good matchup. We'll be heavy underdogs, and it'll give our youthful defense a chance to go up against a team from the "standard-bearing" conference. It will be a nice win for the team should we win.

Win and it's going to be much more about the Georgia injuries (national media wise) than us playing well. I don't think a win is going to bring all the adulation of beating an SEC team many think it will. I think a win will do more for HuskerNation to help have a more postive feeling going into the spring. But I think a win over KSU in a well attended game would have accomplished the same thing.

I respectfully disagree. I feel like a KSU matchup is a no-win situation. We should go into the game with the expectation we'll win, so if we do win, we just beat a nobody from a conference that is not doing that well. If we don't win, it would be far worse than losing to an SEC team. Georgia at least presents some opportunity for an upside by beating a Ranked SEC team on New Years day.

I get what you're saying, but no one is even going to be watching the BWW's bowl (what is it, a 10:00 PM start eastern time?). If we would lose to KSU it would be like the Minnesota loss, hardly anyone even notices. But at least a win is good for us to build on.

I just feel like even if we win over Georgia that win is going to be discredited a bunch because of their injuries. It's not the big win we need or want it to be. A good win yes, but not as big as we want it to be.

I get what you're saying, but no one is even going to be watching the BWW's bowl (what is it, a 10:00 PM start eastern time?). If we would lose to KSU it would be like the Minnesota loss, hardly anyone even notices. But at least a win is good for us to build on.

I just feel like even if we win over Georgia that win is going to be discredited a bunch because of their injuries. It's not the big win we need or want it to be. A good win yes, but not as big as we want it to be.

We can just agree to disagree on this one. I don't think most of your average viewers tuning in we'll be fully up to speed on every Nebraska and Georgia injury, so I don't think they'll attribute a win or loss to injuries, especially when Georgia is still ranked in the top 25. And let's keep in mind that this Georgia team did have a win after losing Murray to an injury by beating a Georgia Tech team that trounced Duke. And when Murray was in, Georgia lost at the last second to both Clemson and Auburn which are a both BCS-bound.

And let's keep in mind that this Georgia team did have a win after losing Murray to an injury by beating a Georgia Tech team that trounced Duke. And when Murray was in, Georgia lost at the last second to both Clemson and Auburn which are a both BCS-bound.

To a point, the season is what it is, but were it not for a fluke tipped pass for a TD against Auburn (not to mention a no-call helmet-to-helmet against Murray to end the AU game) and blatant referee interference with a BS targeting call that literally changed the result of the Vanderbilt game, Georgia would have been 10-2, playing Bama in the SECCG. That's a huge difference from 8-4 and mired in the morass of apathy that both of our fan bases find ourselves in. I'll even give Clemson for having made fewer mistakes than we did, and abstain from playing the injury card against MiZzzou and just own those losses.

All things considered, UGA was precariously close to playing at much higher bowl tier.