ESPN ranked NU coaching gig top 10, ahead of UGA; Georgia Board goes nuts

Where does UGA football fall in the Georgia sports scene? If I was guessing I would rank them Falcons, Braves, UGA Football then Hawks.

Braves, UGA Football.......Falcons, Hawks....................................................................................................................................................Georgia Tech Football

Close... UGA football easily #1, Braves #2, Falcons #3, Auburn FB #4, Bama FB #5, UGA gymnastics #6, GT Basketball #7, UGA equestrian #8, Hawks #9, GT FB #10... :wasted

Where does UGA football fall in the Georgia sports scene? If I was guessing I would rank them Falcons, Braves, UGA Football then Hawks.

Braves, UGA Football.......Falcons, Hawks....................................................................................................................................................Georgia Tech Football

Close... UGA football easily #1, Braves #2, Falcons #3, Auburn FB #4, Bama FB #5, UGA gymnastics #6, GT Basketball #7, UGA equestrian #8, Hawks #9, GT FB #10... :wasted

you still have the hawks ranked too high. they're (somehow) behind GT football, all high school football, GT baseball, the gwinnett braves, florida football, fsu football, tennessee football, and the lady vols basketball team. i would have put bama football ahead of auburn football a couple of weeks ago, but we have lots of bandwagon fans in this state, so that might have changed. the hawks only managed to get 12k people to show up for a game against OKC a few days ago. that's about as sad as you can get.

don't be surprised by the reaction of the UGA crowd to anything they perceive as a slight to their school, team, or conference. almost none of them are aware that football is played outside of the south, and the ones that do are convinced it's completely inferior to the brand that the south plays. the vast majority of UGA fans don't know or care anything about teams who don't play in the SEC, and that way of thinking even applies to the team FSU put on the field this year. i would be willing to bet that 70% of UGA fans (not the internet ones, all of them) think that auburn will not only beat FSU, but will do so in spectacular fashion.

Nebraska has a tradition of excellence. They are #4 all time in wins. They have excellent facilities on par with every elite program in the nation. They have a rabid fan base that sells out the 90,000+ seats every game of the year. They have excellent academic support help with over 300 Academic AA in all sports and the most of any school in football by far.

They only thing that Nebraska lacks is a nearby recruiting base.

Someone said UCLA should be up there, they don't have near the facilities of an elite program. USC has crappy facilities also and the campus is in a terrible part of town. USC and UCLA fans are also pretty fair weather. They will show up and watch if their team is good, but only if. Las Angeles is a terrible sports town in general. Show up in the second inning for a Dodgers game and then leave after the 7th to beat the traffic. There is a reason they don't have a professional football team in town anymore, nobody cares.

A&M I would agree with though they haven't won at a super high clip all the time that is a top notch job.

I always get a kick out of people that have never been to Nebraska make fun of it. Then they actually come here for a Husker game/CWS and change their tune almost immediately.

And I laughed at the guy that said half the country can't name a city in Nebraska when Omaha has been hosting the CWS for like 50 years. Id guess way more than half the country knows that.

I took the train from Lincoln to L.A. one time and sat next to some blonde tan guy for the last hour or so; he asked me where I was from and I said Nebraska, to which he replied, "Ohh, yeah. Isn't that in Kansas?"

I always get a kick out of people that have never been to Nebraska make fun of it. Then they actually come here for a Husker game/CWS and change their tune almost immediately.

And I laughed at the guy that said half the country can't name a city in Nebraska when Omaha has been hosting the CWS for like 50 years. Id guess way more than half the country knows that.

I took the train from Lincoln to L.A. one time and sat next to some blonde tan guy for the last hour or so; he asked me where I was from and I said Nebraska, to which he replied, "Ohh, yeah. Isn't that in Kansas?"

Went to a history conference in DC as a junior in HS. Kids from all over the country. I grew up in Iowa. Some people from the east coast literally thought I rode a horse to the airport and that it was still cowboys and Indians in the Midwest. To them west was 20 miles west of Pittsburg.

They really think that Chicago is a frontier town between New York and LA.

YUP....easily #1 UGA football...then geographically it switches the number 2 around some....the Barn, Tennessee, Florida, Bama and then the Falcons/Braves ( whoever is having a decent year) bt to be honest, the Hawks and the North Avenue Trade School are both hardly on the map. I would say high school football is more popular than the Hawks or the NATS!

oh and...I have been to Nebraska....and I freaking liked it....especially western Nebraska. The eastern part of the state was......well, you might say flat.

YUP....easily #1 UGA football...then geographically it switches the number 2 around some....the Barn, Tennessee, Florida, Bama and then the Falcons/Braves ( whoever is having a decent year) bt to be honest, the Hawks and the North Avenue Trade School are both hardly on the map. I would say high school football is more popular than the Hawks or the NATS!

oh and...I have been to Nebraska....and I freaking liked it....especially western Nebraska. The eastern part of the state was......well, you might say flat.

You obviously haven't been to Omaha then.

In winter.

With an inch of ice on the ground.

Staring down hills that would make the ones in San Francisco blush. :-|

• 2 weeks later...