"There are things that went on that weekend that not many people know about."

Harold is Howard Harold Hunter out of Texas. He's a guy I get a lot of insight and info from about whats going on from another board. He's very close with TO as well as many players current and former. Good guy from all accounts. He has a stated on the other board the round table didn't go like he thought it would. He said lots of people all wanting to talk made it hard to actually get honest information out. Dirk kind of when of and started making up facts to support his opinion and it was tough to refute or get words in because of the set up. He did say everyone was very good to each other and during the breaks there were some exchanges including one between him and dirk where he made him look pretty foolish. That's part of why Dirk was so hostile toward him in the end of it. (I have not listened yet). He said everyone shook his had after except dirk who took off. He said it apparent there isn't a lot of respect for that guy and he's obviously a voice for Harv.

I'm sure that is Harold's take on what happened.

Harold is Howard Harold Hunter out of Texas. He's a guy I get a lot of insight and info from about whats going on from another board. He's very close with TO as well as many players current and former. Good guy from all accounts. He has a stated on the other board the round table didn't go like he thought it would. He said lots of people all wanting to talk made it hard to actually get honest information out. Dirk kind of when of and started making up facts to support his opinion and it was tough to refute or get words in because of the set up. He did say everyone was very good to each other and during the breaks there were some exchanges including one between him and dirk where he made him look pretty foolish. That's part of why Dirk was so hostile toward him in the end of it. (I have not listened yet). He said everyone shook his had after except dirk who took off. He said it apparent there isn't a lot of respect for that guy and he's obviously a voice for Harv.

No, no, no, no. When someone observes something, that is what happened. Everyone in the room would agree that what that person says happened, happened.

That's why all the people who know the Insiders know what happened. I mean, they know. They have inside sources.

Let's say something happened in the locker room. Say 30 people saw it (a fair assessment, considering the way the locker room is set up). Those 30 guys would all tell the exact same story, and anyone who knows any of those guys would have the exact same story and be able to relate it to their internet chums because that is what happened.

Inside sources are always right. They're inside.

That's why Bo signed the resignation papers midway through the season, and Mack Brown is coming to Lincoln to coach Blake Bell.

Saltwater Aquariums, man. Smart Bomb.

It's science.

• Fire 4

No, no, no, no. When someone observes something, that is what happened. Everyone in the room would agree that what that person says happened, happened.

That's why all the people who know the Insiders know what happened. I mean, they know. They have inside sources.

Let's say something happened in the locker room. Say 30 people saw it (a fair assessment, considering the way the locker room is set up). Those 30 guys would all tell the exact same story, and anyone who knows any of those guys would have the exact same story and be able to relate it to their internet chums because that is what happened.

Inside sources are always right. They're inside.

That's why Bo signed the resignation papers midway through the season, and Mack Brown is coming to Lincoln to coach Blake Bell.

Saltwater Aquariums, man. Smart Bomb.

It's science.

drop-the-mic.gif

Have an in-law cousin that does some bartending (I think?) downtown and has some classes with some players. All I heard was that the team thought Taylor was out for that game all the way up until about an hour prior to kickoff. The late change was made and it supposedly threw off everyone's mindset, for they had prepared with Tommy all week. Taylor was never healthy at any point in the season, and that it affected the team's faith in his ability (as hurt, no healthy. This point must be clear). Also, he was told by one of the starting Olineman that Taylor is probably the hardest qb in the world to pass block for when he's limping and his running ability is not what is has to be. Complaints about playcalling, as well as a disconnect with a lot of the younger guys on D who felt a bit betrayed when a hurt Taylor was started over a healthy (and young) Tommy.

Just what I've heard. Pretty sure I threw this out after that game too. Just chitter chatter. Nothing more nothing less.

I heard the same rumbling, Accountability. But now, people are throwing Taylor and Bo under the bus, saying Taylor went to Bo to talk him into letting him start. I guess a few players and the OC didn't agree but Bo told them it was his show, he will run it the way he sees fit. Of course, after the game, Bo was eating crow. They were saying Beck play calling was pretty messed up - was he doing it because Bo told him to shut it after Beck came to his office to show concern for letting Taylor start? Beck can make some dumb play calls, but that game looked like it was intentional.

I heard the same rumbling, Accountability. But now, people are throwing Taylor and Bo under the bus, saying Taylor went to Bo to talk him into letting him start. I guess a few players and the OC didn't agree but Bo told them it was his show, he will run it the way he sees fit. Of course, after the game, Bo was eating crow. They were saying Beck play calling was pretty messed up - was he doing it because Bo told him to shut it after Beck came to his office to show concern for letting Taylor start? Beck can make some dumb play calls, but that game looked like it was intentional.

If Beck's erratic play calling was intentional for any other reason than protecting Martinez, Bo would probably have fired him by now.

• Fire 2

I don't think that Beck would throw a game, for any reason. But if the gameplan was already developed/installed to suit Armstrong, then maybe it could appear that way w/ Taylor running it.

Not sure much of that passes the smell test for me. Beck and Martinez were well down the list of our problems for that game. Martinez wasn't great but he was over 50% despite several drops. AA ran for 165 yards at an 8.7 clip. Other than our receivers not catching passes, the offense wasn't that bad. It was the defense giving up 430 yards and being terribly out of position several times that killed us. Partly why Afalava didn't see the field the rest of the season.

The team could have been thrown off by it but you would have expected the momentum to be opposite of what it was if that was the case. If they were thrown out of whack right before the game, you would think we would have started terrible and possibly gotten better as they got into the flow of the game. Instead we came out playing great for a quarter or so before it went down hill.

Not saying that any of that makes the claims false, just seems odd as it is completely backwards of what "should" have happened given those circumstances. And even if the team was expecting TA to start, it's had to fault the coaches for trying to get Martinez back in there. It's entirely possible that they were seeing a lot of things in practice that we hadn't seen from TA up to that point but became painfully obvious in later games.

All I know is that after the game, Beck explained that Minnesota was dropping safeties in the box and playing mostly to all cover 0, so they thought they could beat them with the pass, ALL WHILE AMEER WAS AVERAGING 9 YARDS PER CARRY ANYWAY. Yet he went away from the run and tried to play Tom Brady with Taylor again. If theyre in cover 0 already, and dropping safeties down, and still cant stop your running game, guess what. They aint ever gonna. Feed the man and get the W. Stupid.

• Fire 4
All I know is that after the game, Beck explained that Minnesota was dropping safeties in the box and playing mostly to all cover 0, so they thought they could beat them with the pass, ALL WHILE AMEER WAS AVERAGING 9 YARDS PER CARRY ANYWAY. Yet he went away from the run and tried to play Tom Brady with Taylor again. If theyre in cover 0 already, and dropping safeties down, and still cant stop your running game, guess what. They aint ever gonna. Feed the man and get the W. Stupid.

Yes × 50