2014 Alternate Unis?

Redux

In all seriousness, I always wondered if those fat, worn, slick balls that Martinez favored were a factor in our fumble issues. Guess we'll find out.

TM played in less than half the games, and we still had the same fumbling issues. Unless TA3 used his balls for fun, I don't think this theory carries much weight anymore.

Considering our last 5 QB's have been fans of old balls, it should be dead.

In all seriousness, I always wondered if those fat, worn, slick balls that Martinez favored were a factor in our fumble issues. Guess we'll find out.

TM played in less than half the games, and we still had the same fumbling issues. Unless TA3 used his balls for fun, I don't think this theory carries much weight anymore.

I'm pretty sure they used the same balls all year. Hence the fact it's news we are using a newer, slimmer ball.

Wonder how long it will take some hardcore anti-gun nut to complain about Adidas's "Rifle" football.

1. Sports have used weapon metaphors for literally forever. Nobody will get upset about this.

2. For the last time, NO. Zac Taylor, Joe Ganz, Zac Lee, Cody Green - they all liked the same worn in old footballs that Taylor did. I can not believe this is still a thing.

#1 was a joke, but in any event, you apparently haven't heard of Bob Costas and have been under a rock the past few years.

Proof as to #2? (And Green doesn't count, as he was forced to use the balls Martinez picked.)

Proof as to #2? (And Green doesn't count, as he was forced to use the balls Martinez picked.)

Go check the other stupid footballs fumble thread.

I'm pretty sure they used the same balls all year. Hence the fact it's news we are using a newer, slimmer ball.

It would be news anyways, because it's a brand new type of football. As in brand new to everyone - not just to Nebraska that silly school with the old fat worn-in footballs.

Johnny Stanton IV@johnnystanton5 now

Getting our feet scanned. How cool is that?! https://vine.co/v/MvFmK2dwAKV

A827FDB35A1072663839994228736_2f002ee907

How does Kenny Bell feel about getting his feet scanned?

I heard he wasn't too happy about it and was thinking of leading a boycott. He thinks it is an invasion of privacy and he theorizes it's basically just a ploy for the NCAA to get ahold of their toe prints to use for their own benefit.