**** What Did We Learn ****

We learned that Georgia was very giving --- thanks for the turnovers, the 5 dropped passes and the amazing decision not to take the points on the field goal --- thank you Dawgs

We learned that the NU defense is probably not going to be a liability next season (though had inklings earlier that this might be the case)... not a strength either... but not a liability (unless the new secondary struggles)

We learned that the NU Offense will likely struggle some against good defenses next year --- they were OK this year... likely OK next year

Final analysis... the Huskers played this game at a 5 on a scale of 10 --- but fortunately for us, Georgia played at a 3.5 on that same scale. But NU did show heart and grit and that was nice to see.

• Fire 1

1. For a second, we were about to go an entire season w/o beating a ranked team.

2. Ready for Marcus Newby and Courtney Love's appearance next year

3. Randy needs to get stronger, i wish he can hit 265 lbs by the start of the '14 season

4. We still gave up over 400 yards (320 yds in the air), need to work on adding speed to the DB position by next season

5. Team was very disciplined today, only 1 TO, not by Ameer.

6. O-line did great. Wish those seniors well

7. Thad Randle played his butt off. Watch the film of him vs Minn and him today and you will notice a massive difference. Hope he lands somewhere in the NFL

8. Offensive play calls were mediocre, but i'll take the win

That's part of Bo's system...bend don't break.

Thad played one whale of a game, but he isn't an NFL player.

I liked the game Beck called besides the 3rd and 4 on last drive.

I wish Thad R. luck, but he looked beat up. I wonder if the guy will be able to walk without a limp in 10 years. At least he went out a winner.

Beck had some great calls, no question. But passing on 3rd and 6 with 3:30 left instead of rushing to kill the clock even if you dont pickup the first proved he doesnt grasp the management role yet.

that's the point though. people complain about us not playing to win the game, but playing not to lose. then you have an opportunity to keep the ball and finish the game, so you take the chance. the run would have got stuffed, they were selling out to stop it, that is why there were two wide receivers wide open. ta can make that throw, he just did not there. it was the right call if you want coaches who call games to win and not just to not lose.

To me, this call is no different than the 99.9 yard pass play call. Everyone is looking for a run. The announcers were even saying to just run up the gut and get some room. Beck calls a pass, it works and everyone loves it.

In this situation, everyone is looking for a run with Ameer. So, he calls a play that actually had a pretty high chance of working but TA didn't complete the pass.

I don't mind the call, but TA was really rattled at the end of the game. I hope he didn't get injured.

Nice job on both sides of the LOS against a quality opponent. Defensive line should be the strength of the team next season, which is a good thing. A quarterback not turning the ball over helps us be in the game and efficient, but to take the next step we need more production offensively......though if Turner catches that ball our offensive numbers look better.

All the harping on Beck today makes me chuckle. I've been as hard on him as anyone and yes, his situational playcalling needs to improve (what to do when, like PA on 1st down and not 2nd and long) but at the end of the day we look up and Armstrong had only 14 pass attempts and Ameer had 27 carries. I guess I just dont know what the guy couldve have done to win today.

• Fire 3

Nice job on both sides of the LOS against a quality opponent. Defensive line should be the strength of the team next season, which is a good thing. A quarterback not turning the ball over helps us be in the game and efficient, but to take the next step we need more production offensively......though if Turner catches that ball our offensive numbers look better.

Its more than just Turner. If Newby catches that ball he's still running. If Enunwa doesn't drop the ball we have an important 1str down and ten more yards passing.

• Fire 1

All the harping on Beck today makes me chuckle. I've been as hard on him as anyone and yes, his situational playcalling needs to improve (what to do when, like PA on 1st down and not 2nd and long) but at the end of the day we look up and Armstrong had only 14 pass attempts and Ameer had 27 carries. I guess I just dont know what the guy couldve have done to win today.

this. +1. and i got you a couple times, brb.

• Fire 1

Its more than just Turner. If Newby catches that ball he's still running. If Enunwa doesn't drop the ball we have an important 1str down and ten more yards passing.

Agree....I just pointed out Turner's because it was a TD. The game still needs to slow down a little for Newby.

The game was essentially on the line and your options are pass with a guy nobody feels comfy with doing so OR run with a guy who is. as dependable as you can get. Sure he couldve fumbled. Sure TA makes a better throw and it looks genius. But the gamble wasnt worth it in my book.

Nobody?

Hes shown flashes of brilliance and hes shown he can have a really bad day. I like him. Good QB. But damn he makes me nervous throwing. Not like Taylor, motion is fine. He just seems to get desperate when the pocket collapses. If you feel comfy with him on that play kudos to you.

The game was essentially on the line and your options are pass with a guy nobody feels comfy with doing so OR run with a guy who is. as dependable as you can get. Sure he couldve fumbled. Sure TA makes a better throw and it looks genius. But the gamble wasnt worth it in my book.

we will have to agree to disagree. but every play is a gamble. and the game was on the line, he called a pass, it failed, and we still won. so it is what it is. it really was not that risky given the upside and the fact that we still won despite failing to execute on that play.

A QB who is young but talented in itself is a gamnle. But forcing him to throw on that play was wrong. Clearly he wasnt comfortable since he missed open receivers completely. That wasnt a clutch play scenario and we needed the first to ice the game. I get it was a simple routine play but there was a certain amount of risk that weighed heavier than letting A double pound it for 4 yards.

Other than that I really have no complaints on the play calling. Solid effort from everyone.

A QB who is young but talented in itself is a gamnle. But forcing him to throw on that play was wrong. Clearly he wasnt comfortable since he missed open receivers completely. That wasnt a clutch play scenario and we needed the first to ice the game. I get it was a simple routine play but there was a certain amount of risk that weighed heavier than letting A double pound it for 4 yards.

Other than that I really have no complaints on the play calling. Solid effort from everyone.

the pass play gives us a better chance at getting the first down. the run was not there. but we still won, so the risk/benefit says we could pass it there and still win the game. only advantage to running it is the clock keeps running, but that did not end up being an issue, either.

the pass play gives us a better chance at getting the first down. the run was not there. but we still won, to the risk/benefit says we could pass it there and still win the game. only advantage to running it is the clock keeps running, but that did not end up being an issue, either.

I agree. situational. It was 3rd and 5 if I remember. A run probably does not get it. And the field position they gain(ed) from the punt makes the clock at that point pretty irrelevant, with or without that 30 seconds. I know it got somewhat tight time wise anyway, but we still held them with a little over a minute left. The call was there. The man was open. The throw was missed. Goes back to that old addage, at some point the players have to make the play.