Lets see if the brass supports the coach and team.

Hey ESPN conspiracy theorists:

I always hear the argument that other coaches get enraged and throw fits, not unlike Bo Pelini.

It's true. How do we know this?

Because ESPN/ABC and every other network carrying football will cut away to the sidelines when ANY coach is visiably pissed.

I know about it largely due to speaking with fans of other teams, who constantly rat out their opponents' coaches.

If you don't think they've got a camera trained on Bo for the specific purpose of trying to get those moments after the TV gold he gave them in the 2010 A&M game, I'm not going to try to change your opinion.

He's never been about what is best for Nebraska. He's always been about what is best for himself. He's very ego driven, two faced and power driven. Don't think for a minute he wasn't jealous of the fact TO was getting the credit for the B10 move. There is a reason his hire of SE was done the way it was.

Please elaborate and provide support for your position. Conjecture and supposition isn't proof.

Wow. Someone said something about the pot and kettle.....

I'm not the one making wild claims here (other than the obviously tongue-in-cheek comments about Bo's plane demands).

Wild claims? I don't see any wild claims. Da Skers has an excellent track record, as one of the most informed posters on here or any site for that matter. We're lucky he throws us a bone every once and ahwile and he doesn't rub it in act like he's better than us because he has connections, unlike HTO or FEW others with real inside info. Seriously can't believe he's getting this much flak for bringing info to the board.

My thoughts exactly. I believe it is a privileged to get the inside info. that he brings to the table. We're lucky to have him on the board....

I'm sick and tired of turning on the TV to watch a Husker game, seeing the other team evaluated and their season recapped - then when it gets to the Huskers it's 90% Bo Pelini and his drama filled season. Little talk of the team, little talk of the players. It's just one thing after another regarding his attitude, the tape, the other crap, etc. He's an embarrassment, and the only thing more embarrassing is if we continue to guarantee that guy millions of dollars when he's clearly walking a fine line.

While Bo brings a lot of that on himself, you're mostly upset about the way the various channels choose to portray him with this. He is not entirely drama-filled, that's a story line they're pushing. ESPN/ABC have a vested interest in portraying Bo this way, and they do, frequently. It's not inaccurate, it's just not the whole picture.

ESPN/ABC/FOX/SI, etc. The entire national media portrays him this way. I don't care why the do it, it's just the fact that Nebraska football is seen that way that makes me feel like I've had enough of Bo. It's no longer Husker football, it's the Bo Pelini show. I'm not sure where you live, but just walk through any sports bar, or any place with fans that actually care about college football wearing Husker gear. (outside of Nebraska) I was in Vegas through the bowl games last year and had this happen frequently while watching games at Cosmo and Palazzo. Happens constantly here in KC. What are they going to want to discuss? How do they view the Huskers? It's not a convo you even want to start anymore.

Here's two texts I got following the win...I get sick and tired of hearing this from every single person that is not a Husker fan (and a good portion of Husker fans). It's not going to get any better. It's what we've become.

"I still dislike your coach with great passion..but glad you won" - came from K-State fan.

"Well I can root for you now we aren't conference foes, but damn Bo makes it hard to cheer!" - from a Missouri fan.

Neither of these were provoked in any way. The first guy led w/ that text - haven't talked to him in a few days. The second guy followed a quick convo about Mizzou.

Why care so much about what others say? I think these people who portray Bo always in a poor light have an agenda. They want to see us fail. Period.

ESPN/ABC/FOX/SI, etc. The entire national media portrays him this way. I don't care why the do it, it's just the fact that Nebraska football is seen that way that makes me feel like I've had enough of Bo.

Did you have enough of Tom was he was being called a win at all costs guy by ESPN/ABC/FOX/SI, etc. over the Lawrence Phillips fiasco?

ESPN/ABC/FOX/SI, etc. The entire national media portrays him this way. I don't care why the do it, it's just the fact that Nebraska football is seen that way that makes me feel like I've had enough of Bo.

Did you have enough of Tom was he was being called a win at all costs guy by ESPN/ABC/FOX/SI, etc. over the Lawrence Phillips fiasco?

BOOM

I'm sick and tired of turning on the TV to watch a Husker game, seeing the other team evaluated and their season recapped - then when it gets to the Huskers it's 90% Bo Pelini and his drama filled season. Little talk of the team, little talk of the players. It's just one thing after another regarding his attitude, the tape, the other crap, etc. He's an embarrassment, and the only thing more embarrassing is if we continue to guarantee that guy millions of dollars when he's clearly walking a fine line.

While Bo brings a lot of that on himself, you're mostly upset about the way the various channels choose to portray him with this. He is not entirely drama-filled, that's a story line they're pushing. ESPN/ABC have a vested interest in portraying Bo this way, and they do, frequently. It's not inaccurate, it's just not the whole picture.

ESPN/ABC/FOX/SI, etc. The entire national media portrays him this way. I don't care why the do it, it's just the fact that Nebraska football is seen that way that makes me feel like I've had enough of Bo. It's no longer Husker football, it's the Bo Pelini show. I'm not sure where you live, but just walk through any sports bar, or any place with fans that actually care about college football wearing Husker gear. (outside of Nebraska) I was in Vegas through the bowl games last year and had this happen frequently while watching games at Cosmo and Palazzo. Happens constantly here in KC. What are they going to want to discuss? How do they view the Huskers? It's not a convo you even want to start anymore.

Here's two texts I got following the win...I get sick and tired of hearing this from every single person that is not a Husker fan (and a good portion of Husker fans). It's not going to get any better. It's what we've become.

"I still dislike your coach with great passion..but glad you won" - came from K-State fan.

"Well I can root for you now we aren't conference foes, but damn Bo makes it hard to cheer!" - from a Missouri fan.

Neither of these were provoked in any way. The first guy led w/ that text - haven't talked to him in a few days. The second guy followed a quick convo about Mizzou.

So your feelings toward Pelini are based on what others say about him? People that are fans of other teams - and have never even met the man. I don't care that you dislike Bo, but that's a really weak argument.

On a slightly different note, I got rid of cable last year and not watching ESPN and other national media definitely has changed the way I look at the season. It's been annoying having to go to a bar or friend's house for a few games and mostly listening on the radio, but I'm not watching Sportscenter, College Gameday, etc. and that's been nice.

We got rid of cable too. I listen to the radio for most of the games although I did watch the bowl game at a friend's house yesterday. It DOES make a difference. I always wonder how people would view Bo if he was winning every game. I wonder how many would be complaining about his temper or sideline antics, etc. if we were number 1.

I've strongly been considering ditching cable this past month as well. I just don't watch any NFL games anymore, no NBA, very little baseball, nothing. The only thing I would miss is having ready access to live college football. Basically, if I can figure out a way around that, cable is GONE, and I won't miss it.

I think it's a farther leap for you to believe that Bo will NEVER win a championship.

I have history on my side. Doesn't mean that it's impossible . . . but if you know of a better predictor of future success than past results we need to talk. I'd like to hire you to manage my money.

Interesting that you used money management in your illustration. I believe there is a certain disclaimer on stock investments....

I've strongly been considering ditching cable this past month as well. I just don't watch any NFL games anymore, no NBA, very little baseball, nothing. The only thing I would miss is having ready access to live college football. Basically, if I can figure out a way around that, cable is GONE, and I won't miss it.

Same boat here. There are other ways to get the few TV shows that I watch, and I can set up a proxy and get around the MLB blackouts for streaming. But for CFB I'm screwed. Guess it means I'm stuck with cable and my kids watching Bubble Guppies and Jake and the Neverland pirates. :/

I've read this whole thread and have my own opinions about Bo and his coaching staff, which are not very original at this point. But the part that mystifies me is someone having friends who are fans of K-State and Missouri, and caring what they think about NU...

Those are fans he knows and values their opinions. That's fine and all, but using a couple random fans who aren't even NU fans to try to prove a point about perception isn't exactly compelling.

• Fire 1

Same boat here. There are other ways to get the few TV shows that I watch, and I can set up a proxy and get around the MLB blackouts for streaming. But for CFB I'm screwed. Guess it means I'm stuck with cable and my kids watching Bubble Guppies and Jake and the Neverland pirates. :/

I've setup an antenna. I get a few games each Sat. and Sun. It was hard to adjust to at first, but I quickly started finding other things to do with my time - like actually throwing a football around with my son. I thought it would drive me crazy to see only a small selection of games, but by the end of September I wasn't missing it.

I've setup an antenna. I get a few games each Sat. and Sun. It was hard to adjust to at first, but I quickly started finding other things to do with my time - like actually throwing a football around with my son. I thought it would drive me crazy to see only a small selection of games, but by the end of September I wasn't missing it.

I'm in FL, so most the games I can watch of NU are on BTN or the ESPN mirrors. My oldest is 3, and he's already a husker die hard (I did name him Lincoln afterall), so not watching games isn't in the cards for us. Even my Florida girl wife is a husker fan now.

I'm in FL, so most the games I can watch of NU are on BTN or the ESPN mirrors. My oldest is 3, and he's already a husker die hard (I did name him Lincoln afterall), so not watching games isn't in the cards for us. Even my Florida girl wife is a husker fan now.

If you're only interested in NU and can wait a few days, then order the season on DVD. Otherwise, you're pretty much stuck with paying for cable/satellite.

If the BTN offered an online subscription option, I'd be really, really tempted. But that doesn't look likely for the foreseeable future.

I live in central Nebraska and sometimes wish I lived out of state to get away from negative fans.

Exactly, and do you see that changing? Outside of a 12-13 win season (winning cures everything, but we all know is a huge stretch of imagination) - this fan base is going to be divided for a LONG, LONG time. The impact it will have on this program could last for decades.

I think the point that a lot of us are missing regarding Kchusker_chris' posts is illustrated in the first 5 minutes of the game broadcast. The FIRST thing said about nebraska was a lengthy dialogue explaining "Bo's" rediculous season. sure, they talked about the up and down year but Bo was THE story. What I think a lot of people are missing is that yes, we all know about all that stuff and have justified it somehow. Chris' point, i think, is that the casual fan who flips on the TV to watch a good game on New Year's Day has to be brought up to speed regarding the antics of Nebraska's coach. It shouldnt have to be like that, but it is.

I too wish I could just watch the Huskers and not have to hear about Bo's season of antics. That being said, i'm glad they won and hopefully he can break through next year. I just tire of the Bo story line. I don't see it as media agenda, just low hanging fruit if you will.