Kevin Sumlin considering Terry Joseph

Surprising. Not who I expected to hire. Heard lots of good things about him.

You'll be getting one hell of a coach and recruiter if he does go. I feel like losing him hurts way more than if we lost Beck or Papuchis for some reason (we can only hope)

http://m.journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/joseph-strongly-considering-offer-from-a-m/article_d4e2d7bc-75a4-11e3-8019-001a4bcf887a.html

It's not a done deal," Joseph told the Journal Star. "They offered me the job. It's a lot of money but I told Bo I would come back and talk to him before I took the job.

"Now, if you say, 'It's a lot of money and Nebraska isn't going to match it?' Then, yeah, it's a done deal, because that's what it comes down to, getting my contract extended and me getting a lot of money."

So let's assume the offer is more than $310k, the question is can you really pay him more than the guy that holds the d cord title? I don't think you can, and for the people will say just take away the title from pap, you know bo won't do that. So the only options I see are to match the offer and give him and pap co-coordinator titles, but then you will prob have to raise pap to that level also, or let him walk.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't bo get a general assistants salary and it is up to him to set all the salaries under that budget? If so he would have to get SE approval to raise that number as well

Match the offer. He's earned it.

match the offer and throw in a little more responsibilities..... if TJ leaves i don't think Minter would be a good replacement... he has bounced all around from small time schools and Campbell it seems isn't doing very well with him in charge

Match the offer. He's earned it.

match the offer and throw in a little more responsibilities..... if TJ leaves i don't think Minter would be a good replacement... he has bounced all around from small time schools and Campbell it seems isn't doing very well with him in charge

A head coaching job is so dramatically different than a position coach they really dont have much correlation. But my money would be he hires someone no one has head of. Again. Like pretty much all of his hires.

Like it or not, assistant salaries are where the 'arms race' is right now, and if we want to play with the big boys, we need to pay like the big boys. And anyone who thinks NU can't afford it, is simply delusional.

They have the 19th most assistant salary pool in the country and 4th most in the B1G at $2.1M

Bama is 1 the assistant coaches pool is about $3.9M

tOSU is 4 and theirs is about $3.2M