Kevin Sumlin considering Terry Joseph

Well. That's that. Good luck to him. Now come on Big Red, let's get a good one in here. Most of all, a good recruiter.

Do we lose any current commits due to this?

The 2 I would worry about are Kalu and Mosley, but considering both are from Texas and neither are showing an A&M offer, not sure they would get one now

Some names:

Chuck Heater - DC/Secondary coach at Marshall. Mich alumni, 61 yr old w/ a 37 year coaching career. He's coached the secondary position at places like Wisconsin, OSU, Notre Dame back in the '80s and was Colorado's secondary coach in 1994 (the year where CU's only loss was to nebraska). Also was Florida's co-DC in 2010, their defense was pretty good. Quote from Urban Meyer: "He's one of the best teachers. I used to just sit in his meetings and watch him coach,". Salary is at 200K, $45K less than terry joseph.

Harlon Barnett - Secondary coach at MSU. MSU alumni. Top secondary unit in the nation, IMO. He recruited slightly better than Terry Joseph this year, getting a top 15 safety Montae Nicholson over FSU, oregon, michigan, OSU, v tech, and other good teams. He makes $15K less than Terry Joseph, so maybe we can throw a big raise at him

Here is kind of a bold replacement that I hadn't really thought of till I saw it over on Huskermax:

Mike Minter

He is currently HC at Campbell University in North Carolina, but I would almost guarantee he would come home.

I also don't mind the idea of going out trying to make a huge hire and make the new guy "co" defensive cord with Pap.

Trai Mosley

@TmEra_6: Terry Joseph to Tx A&M....wow is all I have to say, but best of luck to him.

@HuskerExtraBC: Terry Joseph said he is on his way back from College Station after being offered DBs job at A&M. Plans to talk with Bo tomorrow. #Huskers

The bad thing about the Internet is sometimes people know all about things before they are final, and sometimes that chatter helps push things in one directon or the other. Not saying its the case here. Just the world we live in sometimes knows more than it needs to know or should know.

@HuskerExtraBC: "I got to talk with Bo, hopefully Shawn, and hopefully make a decision sometime tomorrow night. That's where it's at," Joseph said. #Huskers

@HuskerExtraBC: "It's not a done deal. They offered me the job. It's a lot of money but I told Bo I would come back & talk to him before I took the job" -TJ