Kevin Sumlin considering Terry Joseph

For arguments sake let's say we have to hire a Secondary coach. You know who my top choice would be? Marvin Sanders. Okay,okay I know. We ran him out of town once already. But not because he was a bad coach. It was for undisclosed reasons. (read: couldn't keep his pants on--I suspect) Is it possible to forgive and forget? He'd be a great coach.

For arguments sake let's say we have to hire a Secondary coach. You know who my top choice would be? Marvin Sanders. Okay,okay I know. We ran him out of town once already. But not because he was a bad coach. It was for undisclosed reasons. (read: couldn't keep his pants on--I suspect) Is it possible to forgive and forget? He'd be a great coach.

That would depend. What do people want? How bad do we want to win? We're gonna have a young secondary next year. I'm for it. Get the man back here. Maybe he's learned his lesson. Who knows. But his track record has been very stellar here in his developing of secondary players. Frankly, we've never really recovered from his departure. I'll be honest. In my opinion, all Joseph has really brought is stellar recruiting. Our secondary, though improved, is still not where it has to be. Sanders has been with Bo a long time. And Papuchis as well. He knows their mindsets like the back of his hand. I say go for it if this is true.

We will be fine if he stays and fine if he goes. It'll all work out.

We have seemed to be able to find good secondary coaches. Not that I want to lose TJ, but we've been OK in the past.

Sometimes I wonder how much the secondary coach influences what goes on out there. I understand maybe some of the fundamental things are taught by him. But as far as their responsibility in the scheme, how aggressive or non-aggressive? How much does he influence what they do? I just see an interview with a Nebraska secondary coach going something like this.....

Oh, no! Joseph was a good hire, although so was the guy before him. Attrition happens in the assistant coaching ranks, so if this happens, hopefully we'll be able to land someone good as well. This would be a tough loss, especially if it's for the same position.

@HuskerExtraSip: Regarding Terry Joseph to Texas A&M, it could indeed become the case, but it's not a done deal. #huskers

@Sean_Callahan: I can confirm Texas A&M has interest in Terry Joseph, but at this point nothing officially has happened. #Huskers