Kevin Sumlin considering Terry Joseph

If Joseph does leave, a few names to look at that have a Bo Pelini connection include:

Ross Watson (current Florida Atlantic DB coach) (former Husker GA under Pelini)

Lionel Washington (current Tulane DB coach/Co-Defensive Coordinator) (coached with Pelini in Green Bay)

Bradley Dale Peveto (current Safety coach/Special Teams Coordinator at Kentucky) (coached with Pelini at LSU)

I have no idea if any of these guys would be considered by Bo if Joseph were to leave, but just three guys that have coached with Pelini in the past.

Out of these 3, I really like Lionel Washington, another guy with a Southern presence when it comes to recruiting and has a lot of NFL experience prior to coaching at Tulane. Not sure if we could lure him away from his alma mater and his position as a Co-DC, but maybe we'd offer him a significant pay raise.

Mods if this needs to be moved to rumors feel free.

People reporting that Joseph is going/talking with A&M about going their as DB coach. Hmm............

http://www.cornnatio...ng-to-texas-a-m

Article speculates instability playing a part. Also says that perhaps Bo and Co do a counter. Maybe allow him to be DB and recruiting coordinator and allow Els to concentrate in LB's and ST? Pay raise?

One on the staff I do not want to see leave..........

If true, thoughts to replace him? Former Husker? Now that TO is gone, bring Sanders back? (I know that ship has sailed)

My hope is they would try to get Duane Akina from Texas, think there would be interest on both sides

I wouldn't mind this hire if we can't keep Coach Joseph. Akina has coached quite a bit of talent and would have good inroads to Texas for recruiting.

Problem is he has no connection to bo, so doubt it would happen, even though I think he needs to get over that and hire the best person for the job

How about move Ron Brown to DB coach and hire damon benning as RB coach ;)

Probably WAYYYY out on a limb here, but a defensive mind with Neb ties. Would Joe Moglia be a consideration. I know going from HC @ Coastal Carolina to DB coach @ NU may not seem like a move upwards, but it's not like the dude would need a huge contract. Just my .02 & the guy is gonna be a hot commodity in the coaching ranks. I say throw it out there & see what happens. Bash away

• Fire 1

Whoever coaches our dbs will be fine bc bo will have the final say on how it is done. look how hot of a commodity each db coach we hire becomes. They leave for USC, a and m, and LSU. We would be alright. I hope we keep him for.continuity reasons. If we lose him let's go after a stud recruiter from the south. Preferably Florida.

3r2aws.jpg

Seriously, the last thing we need is turnover on the defensive side of the ball.

Agreed. If not, I'd really like to see Marvin back, now that TO is not in charge. Or how about Ron Zook?? :wasted

If it's not Marvin or Zook, I wouldn't be shocked if is was one of the guys that Ed Helms talked of. Seems like Bo's MO.

I don't think that Bill Busch is a good coach, but he is a good recruiter.