Kevin Sumlin considering Terry Joseph

Bring back Marvin. If he's figured out how to keep the D in the pants, he can serve as a mentor to Moss.

Huskerboard's very own black sheep airport correspondent tweeted at a few of us last night that Marvin Sanders in fact came in to Omaha about two weeks ago. For whatever it's worth.

Sooooo the NCAA only allows, what is it 9 assistant coaches? Can we have a separate recruiting coordinator or small staff?

Yes, we can have a separate recruiting coordinator. In fact there was a job posting for such earlier in the year. And we are again, lowballing the pay. It was posted as $40k. SEC RC positions are paying $100k+

keep in mind I think Bo's job was posted online for 120k or something like that. What is posted is likely based on some sort of pay scale regarding the hierarchy of the position within the university or some other BS criteria. What these people end up getting paid is entirely based on what they bring to the table. That could still be 40k, but don't trust the job posting.

• Fire 1

I'm not sure the administration is acting like it is like TO's staff. They just need to try and align with what some of the powerhouse schools are doing? I wold be interested to see how we compare to the rest of the BIG and then other conferences (PAC12, Big XII, SEC).

The DBs played well the last couple of years, but the DBs has been pretty good under Bo's direction. Is TJ as good as some of us think he is? His connection to the south is great to have on staff...I am not sure if anyone on staff has that connection. With that being said, has his name recognition brought in the type of player we expect from the south?

I feel it would be great to keep him...however, at what cost? It is a snowball effect that will begin and I am not sure the administration would be able to handle it.

I think if another prominent BCS school comes after one of your coaches with more money to make a lateral position move, I would venture to guess that he is as good as we think he is.

I wasn't implying that the admin treats this staff like they did TO's. My point was that back when Osborne was coach, for most of the assistants, it wasn't about the money. Now it is and the administration needs to come to terms with that.

Nebraska has a lot of money that they can use to pay the football assistants to stay competitive. Michigan State isn't even on the same plane and they just made their assistants the 3rd highest paid in the conference. There is zero reason Nebraska can't get to 3-4 across the board as well.

I'm not sure the administration is acting like it is like TO's staff. They just need to try and align with what some of the powerhouse schools are doing? I wold be interested to see how we compare to the rest of the BIG and then other conferences (PAC12, Big XII, SEC).

The DBs played well the last couple of years, but the DBs has been pretty good under Bo's direction. Is TJ as good as some of us think he is? His connection to the south is great to have on staff...I am not sure if anyone on staff has that connection. With that being said, has his name recognition brought in the type of player we expect from the south?

I feel it would be great to keep him...however, at what cost? It is a snowball effect that will begin and I am not sure the administration would be able to handle it.

I think if another prominent BCS school comes after one of your coaches with more money to make a lateral position move, I would venture to guess that he is as good as we think he is.

I wasn't implying that the admin treats this staff like they did TO's. My point was that back when Osborne was coach, for most of the assistants, it wasn't about the money. Now it is and the administration needs to come to terms with that.

Nebraska has a lot of money that they can use to pay the football assistants to stay competitive. Michigan State isn't even on the same plane and they just made their assistants the 3rd highest paid in the conference. There is zero reason Nebraska can't get to 3-4 across the board as well.

Good point...I have wondered why NU was not at the top for paid assistants. I guess that is why we have a newer guy at DC that may be starting to get things figured out (trying to stay optimistic with JP). Success brings the vultures to pick at your staff and times are definitely different. Hope Bo and Eichorst can get this figured out.

Paging Eric Warfield... Decent player for the chiefs. Grew up in the south (Mississippi and Arkansas) int

Wasnt Warfield on staff a year or two ago?

Warfield's history would concern me. He may have turned the corner, but I'd do a very thorough check on him before even considering adding him to the staff.

As someone mentioned above, he's already been an intern on the staff a couple of years ago, so something tells me they probably have answered the questions to his past don't ya think?

Bring back Marvin. If he's figured out how to keep the D in the pants, he can serve as a mentor to Moss.

Huskerboard's very own black sheep airport correspondent tweeted at a few of us last night that Marvin Sanders in fact came in to Omaha about two weeks ago. For whatever it's worth.

Of course he could be here for other reasons, but he does have a daughter that lives here and he was likely here visiting her for the holidays.

Of course he could be here for other reasons, but he does have a daughter that lives here and he was likely here visiting her for the holidays.

I for one am shocked his "insider tip" was easily solved as something as non insider at all.

He's comin back. It's pretty much a done deal. Kick him out. Let things settle. Let bygones be bygones. Let everyone see how it is without him. Then bring him back. Raymond and Joseph were pretty much temp hires from the get go.

He's comin back. It's pretty much a done deal. Kick him out. Let things settle. Let bygones be bygones. Let everyone see how it is without him. Then bring him back. Raymond and Joseph were pretty much temp hires from the get go.

I just listened to McKewon on Sharp and Benning this morning and both Sam and Damon were giving cryptic comments that they know who is going to be brought in if/when Joseph goes to A&M. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sanders.

Where is Mike Brown???

from tha wiki

"Brown is also noted by teammates and coaches for his on-field coaching ability. He made the NFL transitions much easier for his fellow safeties Chris Harris and Danieal Manning by making sure they were in the correct positions. Brian Urlacher often referred to him as the actual leader of the defense"

i doubt it. Bo has alienated former players and they all hate him for it.......

Where is Mike Brown???

from tha wiki

"Brown is also noted by teammates and coaches for his on-field coaching ability. He made the NFL transitions much easier for his fellow safeties Chris Harris and Danieal Manning by making sure they were in the correct positions. Brian Urlacher often referred to him as the actual leader of the defense"

i doubt it. Bo has alienated former players and they all hate him for it.......

606417.jpg