Next Season's Title Game: FSU v. Nebraska

Wouldn't that be cool? Almost 20 years after 18-16, the rematch finally happens. I get that feeling that next year is going to be something special for us. Heck yes there are questions marks. Every team has them. However, there are so many positives. I also just have that feeling that something's going to happen. I haven't had that feeling since Osborne left.

Semi-finals: Nebraska 31 Oregon 27

FSU 44 LSU 13

Final: Nebraska 8 FSU 6 (We win on a last second field goal without the aid of any cheap calls from the refs to get us there).

Bo gets pissed at the end when his new bowl t-shirt is ruined by a Gatorade bath. He blows off the reporters as he leaves the field, still hot about the shirt. At the presser, he complains that, "If they want to fire me, go ahead." New Athletic Director, AJ Smith (formerly of the San Diego Chargers), takes him up on the offer and promptly fires Bo, then immediately hires Norv Turner to take the wheel of this dynasty!

Okay,the last paragraph was all in good fun. The reality is that at the end of the game Bo sings the school fight song with the band, stays around to give piggy back rides to kids, then takes his first vacation in 7 years, an overnight trip to Omaha. Bo then remains with the school for 4 more years, amassing an amazing 61-2 record, pulling in 3 more National Championships. Hey, if you are going to dream, why not dream big? Be that as it may, I honestly feel we'll be in the NC hunt next year. As for the piggy back rides, that might be unrealistic!

Wouldn't that be cool? Almost 20 years after 18-16, the rematch finally happens. I get that feeling that next year is going to be something special for us. Heck yes there are questions marks. Every team has them. However, there are so many positives. I also just have that feeling that something's going to happen. I haven't had that feeling since Osborne left.

FSU 44 LSU 13

Final: Nebraska 8 FSU 6 (We win on a last second field goal without the aid of any cheap calls from the refs to get us there).

Bo gets pissed at the end when his new bowl t-shirt is ruined by a Gatorade bath. He blows off the reporters as he leaves the field, still hot about the shirt. At the presser, he complains that, "If they want to fire me, go ahead." New Athletic Director, AJ Smith (formerly of the San Diego Chargers), takes him up on the offer and promptly fires Bo, then immediately hires Norv Turner to take the wheel of this dynasty!

Okay,the last paragraph was all in good fun. The reality is that at the end of the game Bo sings the school fight song with the band, stays around to give piggy back rides to kids, then takes his first vacation in 7 years, an overnight trip to Omaha. Bo then remains with the school for 4 more years, amassing an amazing 61-2 record, pulling in 3 more National Championships. Hey, if you are going to dream, why not dream big? Be that as it may, I honestly feel we'll be in the NC hunt next year. As for the piggy back rides, that might be unrealistic!

I like it!

But most importantly, it would keep our 9 win streak going.

• Fire 5

FSU 44 LSU 13

I love the thinking, but I don't see it happening.

I will, however, take a 10-2 season where we are at the very least competitive in the conference championship. If we could finish 11-3 or 12-2, I think that would be a tremendous leap forward for this program.

• Fire 1

I have felt NU would be in the MNC hunt for Bo's 2nd, 3rd , 4th and 5th years. After the Wisconsin debacle, I had no hope of a title this year. I am beginning to get excited about next year, but the Iowa performance and terrible special teams worry me. Bo is also extremely stubborn. The D was getting slaughtered by weak opponents, and Bo refused to changed the scheme until the season was almost lost, and his players convinced him to let them attack. Bo also seems to have a strange ability to win the big game when his team is down, and blow the easy game when his team is up. I am trying to be optimistic, but I expect four losses next year.

FSU is the last Florida team we need to beat to avenge the 90's.

Haha good point...maybe would be the biggest considering how we lost that game. That phantom block in the back call and the no-call of the goal-line fumble still chaps my ass. Now that I think about it, in today's era they announce the number of the player who committed the penalty. They didn't do it back in 1993. I would've loved to know who they dreamed up to call the number on that penalty.

FSU is the last Florida team we need to beat to avenge the 90's.

Haha good point...maybe would be the biggest considering how we lost that game. That phantom block in the back call and the no-call of the goal-line fumble still chaps my ass. Now that I think about it, in today's era they announce the number of the player who committed the penalty. They didn't do it back in 1993. I would've loved to know who they dreamed up to call the number on that penalty.

You and me both. That block is and was complete BS. I can still remember the excitement and then the "you've got to be kidding me" when the penalty was called. Still hate FSU for that game. It pains me to cheer for them tomorrow night. If not for them playing the SEC, I wouldn't.