New DB Coach Search

I'm completely underwhelmed if it is Warren. I mean completely...and I don't see how people are just kicking back and thinking "oh hey, this is great".

He's got a heckuva lot more to prove than he has proven imho. That's a larger possible downside than a possible upside if I look at it on paper.

I think this response was ready to go for most possible hires. Who was on your short list?

I kinda liked Nick Monroe from BG...but I knew he was a longshot. JTrain brought him up and from what I've read about him he's an up and coming coach who's young and gets recruits.

Honestly, I wanted Sanders for the #1.

So did Bo. It was nixed.

@HuskerExtraBC: No alarm bells on Charlton Warren not yet being officially announced as DBs coach. Sounds like that will come in the morning. #Huskers

The alarm bells will come in the morning, or the official announcement?

Hey...with the current state of things in HuskerNation, it's a valid question.

I'm completely underwhelmed if it is Warren. I mean completely...and I don't see how people are just kicking back and thinking "oh hey, this is great".

He's got a heckuva lot more to prove than he has proven imho. That's a larger possible downside than a possible upside if I look at it on paper.

I think this response was ready to go for most possible hires. Who was on your short list?

I kinda liked Nick Monroe from BG...but I knew he was a longshot. JTrain brought him up and from what I've read about him he's an up and coming coach who's young and gets recruits.

So did Bo. It was nixed.

By who?? I actually think Sanders nixed it. One of two reasons i believe.

1.) Likes it in Cali and good chance of getting DC job at UC.

2.) Wanted to not just be DB coach, but wanted to be DC or at least co-DC and Bo couldnt do that for some reason.

So did Bo. It was nixed.

2.) Wanted to not just be DB coach, but wanted to be DC or at least co-DC and Bo couldnt do that for some reason.

Admin. Don't you know, they are the cause for each of Bo's 24 losses.

So did Bo. It was nixed.

The person that was feeding me info (who is usually spot on) said that he might be a co-defensive coach as well as the DB coach. Thus, in my mind, I'm still not ruling out that MS might be added in in some way but in a bit of a bigger role.