Iowa Basketball Coach out of control........

Comish

After watching the Hawkeye coach explode (and cause) the loss at Wisconsin last night, I am surprised to find no mention of it here or anywhere else today.

(If I've missed accounts of it, someone please direct me to a reference or a link)

IMHO, his outburst going after the refs and having to be restrained a couple of times is worse than anything Bo has done, so where is the condemnation?

And since Delany is normally quick to weigh in on such matters, where is the fine and/or suspension?

Baffled.

I agree it is worse and a fine and suspension is forthcoming. Does he have a history of this kind of outburst?

FWIW, when I was at the the B1G Tourn. (United Center) last year, McCaffery did a similar antic when we played Iowa. He couldn't take MSU coming from behind in the last 7 min. and went nutz on the refs, started throwing his jacket at things (lost his money clip on the floor) and had a hard time being restrained by his coaches. Izzo started to walk over to the Iowa side and discuss McCaffery's antics with the refs, but seemed to realize this guy can meltdown at any moment and become quite unstable... We were seated near the Iowa bench and saw the whole thing unfold.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't he kick the score keepers table during the Michigan State game? Came out of the box to talk to the ref's and drew a T. Then Izzo did the same thing and no penalty?

I saw McCafferty kick the scorers table and something went flying...........either a laptop or notebook, not sure. Also not sure if that got him a T. Once he gets going, one of these days, his neck veins are going to burst and it will take a m*a*s*h unit to sterilize the playing surface.

I agree it is worse and a fine and suspension is forthcoming. Does he have a history of this kind of outburst?

FWIW, when I was at the the B1G Tourn. (United Center) last year, McCaffery did a similar antic when we played Iowa. He couldn't take MSU coming from behind in the last 7 min. and went nutz on the refs, started throwing his jacket at things (lost his money clip on the floor) and had a hard time being restrained by his coaches. Izzo started to walk over to the Iowa side and discuss McCaffery's antics with the refs, but seemed to realize this guy can meltdown at any moment and become quite unstable... We were seated near the Iowa bench and saw the whole thing unfold.

I loved that MSU beat them the other night with Payne and Dawson both out and Iowa having a HUGE advantage in free throw attempts (43-20). I was hoping Franny would lose his sh#t. The guy is a D-bag. Basketball coaches seem to get a lot more leeway than football coaches for some reason.

I loved that MSU beat them the other night with Payne and Dawson both out and Iowa having a HUGE advantage in free throw attempts (43-20). I was hoping Franny would lose his sh#t. The guy is a D-bag. Basketball coaches seem to get a lot more leeway than football coaches for some reason.

Simple solution: Have Bo coach basketball