The ball clearly went out of bounds with a :01 second left on the clock, on the scoreboard....but that clock in that instance is counting backward not forward which in turn means there is no way in the mathematical universe theres one full second left. Now if the clock had tenths, then you could put up 0.7 or 0.8 back on the clock and it would be legit..

For years around husker football I keep hearing about the injustice of having one second put back on as if it was hose job, and that time had ran out yada yada yada.

I am so tired of that.

Look there maybe a lot of plays in the husker history that should have gone our way and didn't. A good number of them in the last few years.

This is not one of them.

Watch it on youtube and hit pause when you see the ball go out of bounds, there will still be a second on the clock.

Can we please just stop using this as a point of reference when talking about debacles.

It was a kickers fault for kicking it out of bounds, it was Suhs fault for horse collaring a player, it was the secondaries fault for covering all of those guys so well that caused him to throw it out of bounds.

END OF STORY.

Thank You

The kick out of bounds sucked, it was Asante who got called for a horse-collar tackle, even though he didn't pull the player down by it and I believe Gomes made the tackle, and the clock stops when referees signal it to stop. A second runs off on just about every play. Take your nonsense elsewhere and don't act like we're the delusional ones for seeing what's in front of us. If you couldn't see the fix being on, then I envy your naivety.

• Fire 1

This :01 second thing has always bugged me. I always thought that the official game clock was kept on the field by one of the officials. So if the clock in the officials hand was zero after the play then the game is over.

That is why periodically the officials will have the scoreboard operator reset the game clock.

• Fire 1

My thing is that given how the rule is written don't see why there was a replay. It's supposed to be to correct EGREGIOUS time errors. In almost every other play of the damn game the second play finishes during rolls off. You could replay plays all game long and add a second back on, but they obviously don't. So why was the rest of that second rolling off egregious when it's not the rest of the game? If you are going to allow a time replay simply because of the context of the play(game's end) then word a rule saying you can do that. Also, no way in hell we get the replay if that situation is reversed.

My thing is that given how the rule is written don't see why there was a replay. It's supposed to be to correct EGREGIOUS time errors. In almost every other play of the damn game the second play finishes during rolls off. You could replay plays all game long and add a second back on, but they obviously don't. So why was the rest of that second rolling off egregious when it's not the rest of the game? If you are going to allow a time replay simply because of the context of the play(game's end) then word a rule saying you can do that. Also, no way in hell we get the replay if that situation is reversed.

i thought the rule was that time changes and reviews could only take place relevant to another reviewable circumstance that was brought under review (if that makes any sense). Regardless, I like to think i'm a stand up kind of guy. The right call was made. There was second left. We never shouldve even been close to that situation to begin with. The game shouldve been settled after 3 quarters.

Also, no way in hell we get the replay if that situation is reversed.

Disagree. That call killed me at the time, but I knew it was correct and fair. One second may not matter anywhere else in the game, but on a play where the offense fully intended to kill the clock with the game on the line, context is everything. They would have reviewed the play had it been Nebraska's ball and the conclusion would have been equally inescapable.

The BS call would have been to stop the clock when the ball crossed the imaginary out-of-bounds plane, which may have been what Colt McCoy thought would happen.

The :01 was sad but fair. Kunalic's kickoff was cruel and mystifying.

Look that play up on youtube. The funniest part is Musberger's commentary of the moment- "and stop the cloahhhck" Poor guy. He was in obvious distress in those waning moments over the near certainty of Nebraska upsetting Texas. When that ball went through those uprights, it was like the world was lifted of his shoulders. All was well again for that man.