Ameer is coming back for Sr. Year

As I recall, Ameer was a Freshman who got quite a few touches but still had a lot to learn, then faced a Sophomore season where Rex Burkhead would remain the featured back and Ameer was no more established than Cross or Braylon Heard.

The underclassmen at RB just have to stay as classy, patient and hardworking as Abdullah.

As I recall, Ameer was a Freshman who got quite a few touches but still had a lot to learn, then faced a Sophomore season where Rex Burkhead would remain the featured back and Ameer was no more established than Cross or Braylon Heard.

The underclassmen at RB just have to stay as classy, patient and hardworking as Abdullah.

I was very impressed how Ameer came in and took over the RB position when Rex got hurt in 2012. Ameer ripped off some great runs against UCLA that season, that reminded me of Doug Dubose and Keith Jones. Hopefully, Ameer will have a healthy senior year, and will be a mentor/leader for the young bucks behind him.

AA, Cross, Newby, and Taylor all on the backfield next year? Wow. Talk about loaded. I hope we run the hell out of the football. The New Four Horsemen.

That and if the D is as solid as it SHOULD be, there's not excuse to pass the ball more than 20 times in any game. Play solid basic football. Run it, use playaction, and understand that a punt is not the end of the world.

AA, Cross, Newby, and Taylor all on the backfield next year? Wow. Talk about loaded. I hope we run the hell out of the football. The New Four Horsemen.

That and if the D is as solid as it SHOULD be, there's not excuse to pass the ball more than 20 times in any game. Play solid basic football. Run it, use playaction, and understand that a punt is not the end of the world.

With the talent at RB, there is no reason Beck shouldn't use the offensive philosophy that McKewon mentioned earlier this week. Protect the defense with field position, and protect a young QB.