Huskers viewing Hboard

The husker fan base is more tame than most.. all fan bases have these boards and all of them say positive and negative things.... dont take it offensively.. that is part of the game.

Well there is that one Bamy site where you cannot say ANYTHING bad about Bamy/players/Bear Bryant or else you get immediately banned.

Ohhhhhh... which one?! I have never been banned before! LOL

The husker fan base is more tame than most.. all fan bases have these boards and all of them say positive and negative things.... dont take it offensively.. that is part of the game.

Well there is that one Bamy site where you cannot say ANYTHING bad about Bamy/players/Bear Bryant or else you get immediately banned.

Make fun of Knapplc age and that will change.

Make fun of Knapplc age and that will change.

I've done that though... but I like it here, so I don't want to end my streak here lol.

That would be the infamous tidefans.com.

Some of their rules:

infractions.png

strikes.png

LSU fans were banned following Bama's 2011 6-9 OT loss to the Tigers and are still banned some 26 months later.

eGUwwBR.jpg

But it's not as if fans of other teams are really allowed either. It's the largest sunshine pump I've seen on the internet.

I find it interesting how message boards can in some ways reflect the general culture...or stereotyped culture...of a school's fans. Bama's largest board is huge, crazy and isolationist. LSU's largest board has devolved into a hugely successful arena for throw downs between fans from across the SEC while Kansas State's is just one gigantic vulgar troll board.

I'll admit this: I searched around for about 3 months til I found a chat room I liked that was well run and orderly and seemingly knowledgable. I picked this one.

Full disclaimer: I searched out a message board at all during the 07 season because I was SO pissed at the condition of the program. I came here to be negative. I lurked around for about 3-4 months before I joined--and IIRC it was because I was tired of reading crap that simply wasnt true, I wanted to voice a POSITIVE reaction.

I'd consider myself and about 89% of us to be positive and generally upbeat about the players and program.

There are a few turds in this kool-aide punch bowl, but it seems like they flush out when the wins happen.

To the players: 92,000 show up every week and travel all over to see you. Don't let 116 old men on a message board get you down. If anything, join up and have a discussion about yourselves, your life in Lincoln, how your practice is going....no program details but just "hey it's me".

I think you'd see the conversation shift pretty quick.

Anyway, get your butt to class and weights and get off the Internet, lol

Maybe you should say this to the next player you bump in to.

Since I have a propensity to tun into Huskers at the airport, maybe I will. Especially if someone needs to be told it

I especially like how something implying Bear Bryant is not the greatest coach ever is about 10x worse than racist remarks. I think that says a lot about the people running that site.

That's the University of Alabama for you.

2120d17941c496ff6fc86e1e4720.jpg

"segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" ....right outside where the Tide used to play basketball.

I especially like how something implying Bear Bryant is not the greatest coach ever is about 10x worse than racist remarks. I think that says a lot about the people running that site.

"segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" ....right outside where the Tide used to play basketball.

Where's Gump?

And no I don't work at a car rental place

I hope the husker players see this as a place fans can simply hang out w each other. Yeah, sometimes there's crap, but where isn't there?

Where's Gump?

And no I don't work at a car rental place

I hope the husker players see this as a place fans can simply hang out w each other. Yeah, sometimes there's crap, but where isn't there?

Ma'am! You dropped your book!