Deverell Biggs Discussion page

I certainly see what Comish is saying, but I agree with STL, it seems like at times Parker is able to facilitate the offense better at times. We have enough players that want/can shoot. I think he is playing his "defined" role - facilitate, defend, ball handle. Any shots we get like Sunday are a bonus. So with this year's team - are you thinking more minutes should go to Peltz / Hawkins then?

Not suggesting who really should pick up the minutes, although I keep hearing that Hawkins nails things in practice and yet his playing time hasn't produced much in the way of results. I guess I'm thinking that sans Biggs, we can ask Terran to handle the ball some more (and we have more options at the wing if he does), as well as providing more minutes for Tai who seems to be improving incrementally.

And to reiterate, this was not a shot at Benny. I really admire his attitude and hustle, I'm just not seeing much production of it.

I see what you are saying, and I didn't take it as a shot at Benny. Guess it just depends on what each person feels "production" is, because in terms of stats and numbers, there is no dispute. To me, the overall flow just looks better at times when he is on the court and we get Tai off the point some. I wouldn't want Terran to handle the ball more because he averages about 6 turnovers a game already. I would like to see Hawkins get a few minutes considering his red-shirt possibilites this season have already been burned.

I see what you are saying, and I didn't take it as a shot at Benny. Guess it just depends on what each person feels "production" is, because in terms of stats and numbers, there is no dispute. To me, the overall flow just looks better at times when he is on the court and we get Tai off the point some. I wouldn't want Terran to handle the ball more because he averages about 6 turnovers a game already. I would like to see Hawkins get a few minutes considering his red-shirt possibilites this season have already been burned.

Fair enough. (although I know Terran has had a few tough turnover games lately, I'd be surprised if he averaged anywhere close to 6 a game for the season)

It hurts to lose Biggs, he is a great shooter and defender. Makes some bad decisions at the wrong times on the court, but I think that is more a product of him wanting to win so badly that it detrimentally affected the team. Hope he sees the positives that can come out of his current situation.

I wish him luck, but he is a good shooter and one on one defender. He can not or refuses to play team offense or defense.

Talked to a buddy tonight who is an assistant at practice for the team. Nobody big, just helps out with daily practice. Said Biggs never came to practice in a serious mindset. Never took practice seriously and had very little respect for Coach Miles. He said Miles had to kick Biggs out of practice on almost a daily basis. Just what I heard, take it for what it's worth.

Biggs needs to figure his life out.. he sort of did what he wanted on the court, which doesnt help the team grow.

I thought they looked more in sync tonight.

Hate to say it, but with the way the team is playing, it looks like a case of 'Addition by subtraction', if you will.

Too bad Biggs couldn't get his stuff together. Here's hoping he can figure it out and get on with his life in a positive manner.

Talked to a buddy tonight who is an assistant at practice for the team. Nobody big, just helps out with daily practice. Said Biggs never came to practice in a serious mindset. Never took practice seriously and had very little respect for Coach Miles. He said Miles had to kick Biggs out of practice on almost a daily basis. Just what I heard, take it for what it's worth.

Had not heard that (but wouldn't surprise me). I had heard the final straw was when Miles lit into Biggs after the Penn St game and Biggs fired back at him. fwiw.........

Had not heard that (but wouldn't surprise me). I had heard the final straw was when Miles lit into Biggs after the Penn St game and Biggs fired back at him. fwiw.........

If true...I just don't get it. And I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. I would think after being kicked out of his second or third practice, that would be the final straw...

Miles must have the patience of a saint...

If true...I just don't get it. And I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. I would think after being kicked out of his second or third practice, that would be the final straw...

Miles must have the patience of a saint...

From my understanding, he wasn't being kicked out for mouthing off to coaches. He was kicked out for goofing around. Miles would say, "You're not helping the team, leave." The fact that he couldn't take Tim seriously, though, illustrates the lack of respect.