Deverell Biggs Discussion page

Huskers are undefeated without him. Just saying. You keep hearing about how this team has talent but can't seem to play together. Maybe this is better rather than worse. Especially in regards to a TEAM sport.

3-1, lost to Cincinnati

That's right, I forgot about the suspension. Thanks for the correction SouthLincoln Husker.

It sucks that he couldn't get it together, but I'm glad Benny Parker decided to stick it out and stay with the program. It would have been understandable if he had decided to transfer and I think he was almost pushed that direction, but I have been pretty impressed with his improvement this year. There are times I prefer him over Webster or Biggs. Hopefully he takes another step forward with more playing time.

It sucks that he couldn't get it together, but I'm glad Benny Parker decided to stick it out and stay with the program. It would have been understandable if he had decided to transfer and I think he was almost pushed that direction, but I have been pretty impressed with his improvement this year. There are times I prefer him over Webster or Biggs. Hopefully he takes another step forward with more playing time.

Be interested to know what you've seen from Benny that makes you comment on that. Look, I like Benny and his attitude, but when he is on the court, the D doesn't even guard him. (lone exception on Sunday when he made two short jumpers). Struggles offensively, gets out-manned on D (can't help it because of his height), and is not even an exceptional free throw shooter. Looks to me when he is on the court, we're basically playing a man short on offense. On D, he works hard but it's tough to compensate for his lack of stature. I agree he is marginally better than last year, but he is not a legitimate D-1 threat (yet). jmho.

I certainly see what Comish is saying, but I agree with STL, it seems like at times Parker is able to facilitate the offense better at times. We have enough players that want/can shoot. I think he is playing his "defined" role - facilitate, defend, ball handle. Any shots we get like Sunday are a bonus. So with this year's team - are you thinking more minutes should go to Peltz / Hawkins then?