Deverell Biggs Discussion page

Does "...off the team" means he loses his scholarship as well?

Any reported sightings of Biggs on campus or attending class?

Whether he loses his scholarship is up to Miles. I don't see Miles pulling his education away from him halfway through the season. I do see him pulling it for next season if he doesn't straighten up. On him being on campus, I believe he is.

No, in the LJS when they reported it, Miles made it very clear that he wants him to graduate and that his scholarship will run through the rest of this semester. Biggs has already said that he wants to graduate this year in May, which he is on pace to do so he can immediately play for any D1 basketball team.

No, in the LJS when they reported it, Miles made it very clear that he wants him to graduate and that his scholarship will run through the rest of this semester. Biggs has already said that he wants to graduate this year in May, which he is on pace to do so he can immediately play for any D1 basketball team.

How ironic if that big BLUE school in his home town showed some interest...........??

How ironic if that big BLUE school in his home town showed some interest...........??

UNO would be way more likely.

UNO would be way more likely.

Ya.. Creighton wont touch that with a ten foot pole.. i would bet UNO or even see him go to a a crappy Big 12 team

And people say we are just fine without Biggs... LOL

I wasn't all that impressed with Biggs' play for Nebraska. He could get into the paint, but couldn't finish because of his lack of size. He also tried to do too much 1 on 1, and was a turnover machine.

If he wasn't going to be the type of person Miles wants on and off the court, then he doesn't need to be playing for Nebraska. Miles didn't screw up, Biggs did. We need to remember that.

• Fire 1
  • 3 months later...

Former Omaha Central and Nebraska basketball player Deverell Biggs has found a new home for next season.

The 6-foot guard said Wednesday he plans to move to Houston to attend Texas Southern, a 2014 NCAA tournament qualifier. Texas Southern’s coach is Mike Davis, who previously was the head coach at Indiana and UAB.
Biggs said the TSU staff saw highlight clips and began to pursue him.
“I made a visit and I enjoyed it,” he said. “I’m going to be back playing Division I basketball.”
Biggs, with one year left to play, will be immediately eligible if he graduates by summer’s end. He said he passed 18 hours at NU in the spring semester and has 15 hours of summer work to complete.

OWH

Former Omaha Central and Nebraska basketball player Deverell Biggs has found a new home for next season.

The 6-foot guard said Wednesday he plans to move to Houston to attend Texas Southern, a 2014 NCAA tournament qualifier. Texas Southern’s coach is Mike Davis, who previously was the head coach at Indiana and UAB.
Biggs said the TSU staff saw highlight clips and began to pursue him.
“I made a visit and I enjoyed it,” he said. “I’m going to be back playing Division I basketball.”
Biggs, with one year left to play, will be immediately eligible if he graduates by summer’s end. He said he passed 18 hours at NU in the spring semester and has 15 hours of summer work to complete.

OWH

Good for Deverell. I wish him the best of luck