Fresno State Game Date and TV

Warrior10

So what about our high school football in this state if the game's on friday?

Serious.

I know we've tried to avoid non-Saturday games for a couple reasons - it's tough for people to get to Lincoln from different parts of the state and competing against high school games. I'm guessing that's why this would be the first one in over a decade and the previous one was on the road as well. Would probably hurt attendance some but most would still watch their favorite HS team and catch the Huskers on DVR.

Sorry, I don't support college football on Friday nights. That's High School night. My attitude isn't just for my own benefit, how many recruits are going to be home to watch us on TV if the are supposed to be playing football that night.

That's precisely what I was getting at, but so far, that concept is pretty much null and void. I guess I just dont understand. For god's sake, let the high school guys have their night. Play the frickin game on Saturday where it belongs.

Sorry, I don't support college football on Friday nights. That's High School night. My attitude isn't just for my own benefit, how many recruits are going to be home to watch us on TV if the are supposed to be playing football that night.

That's precisely what I was getting at, but so far, that concept is pretty much null and void. I guess I just dont understand. For god's sake, let the high school guys have their night. Play the frickin game on Saturday where it belongs.

It's an away game, so I really don't care (not that I can make it to a home game anyway, but that's beside the point). And if high-school football players are even sort of interested in Nebraska football (they probably watch a lot of games NU or not NU anyway, they'll DVR it or find a way to watch it.

Do you guys think that the typical high school football player sits around on Saturday and watches college football? I would think that most kids will get up early, go to school to watch the film of that week's game, then they go home and sleep most of the day. Then they wake up and try to find something to do with his friends.

I think the whole high school point is being missed here.

1) Do i think the average high school players sit around on Saturday and watch college football (in general)?

No. Do I think the average Nebraska high school player wants to sit and watch the Nebraska football game? Hell yes I do. Unless of course things have changed in the 10 years since I played, in which case that would be unfortunate.

2) Do I think high school players who put in hard work as well deserve to be rewarded with the undivided attention of those who would normally give, as opposed having to compete with Nebraska frickin football? Well, that is a big yes too.

My thoughts on the "what about high school games" is a Nebraska high school issue. Not a national one. I dont give a damn about those outside of Nebraska, for most of them probably dont give a damn about us either, as has already been said.

I know if I was a high school player, the thought of a Nebraska football game going on during mine would be quite irritating. In fact, it is, and I'm not even playing.