Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

There will be a watch party at The Vault on Sunday. Doors open at 4.

Lincoln – The Nebraska men’s basketball team will host an NCAA selection show watch party Sunday afternoon at Pinnacle Bank Arena.

The event will be free and open to the public, as Husker fans are invited to watch Sunday's NCAA Selection Show. Select Pinnacle Bank Arena concession stands will be open for the Sunday’s event, as the arena doors will open at 4 p.m. and the program will begin at 4:30 p.m. The NCAA Selection Show begins at 5 p.m. on CBS.

Behind Big Ten Coach of the Year Tim Miles, the Huskers finished the regular season with a 19-12 record following a 71-67 loss to No. 24 Ohio State in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals. The Huskers, who are looking for their first NCAA bid since 1998, enter the postseason winners of 10 of their last 13 contests.

A little premature, imho.

I don't have a good feeling about us getting in.

How? We are in the last 4 in and essentially every team below us on the bubble lost and is no longer playing. I still think we have a pretty descent shot.

There will be a watch party at The Vault on Sunday. Doors open at 4.

Lincoln – The Nebraska men's basketball team will host an NCAA selection show watch party Sunday afternoon at Pinnacle Bank Arena.

The event will be free and open to the public, as Husker fans are invited to watch Sunday's NCAA Selection Show. Select Pinnacle Bank Arena concession stands will be open for the Sunday's event, as the arena doors will open at 4 p.m. and the program will begin at 4:30 p.m. The NCAA Selection Show begins at 5 p.m. on CBS.

Behind Big Ten Coach of the Year Tim Miles, the Huskers finished the regular season with a 19-12 record following a 71-67 loss to No. 24 Ohio State in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals. The Huskers, who are looking for their first NCAA bid since 1998, enter the postseason winners of 10 of their last 13 contests.

A little premature, imho.

I don't have a good feeling about us getting in.

How? We are in the last 4 in and essentially every team below us on the bubble lost and is no longer playing. I still think we have a pretty descent shot.

This.........^^^

I really don't think we need to worry............

Lunardi has dropped us back into the First Four after yesterday, essentially swapping us with Tennessee. With his matchup, we'd play Providence in the play-in. Jerry Palm still has us as a 10-seed in the St. Louis regional, opening with Memphis.

With that Lunardi list, we would actually play Dayton. The seeding for First Four is pairing the top 2 / and then bottom 2 - this is in case the seed lines are different (playing for an 11 and the other is a 12 for example). In theory, it helps keep the balance for the seed line. It is a bigger deal in this case because the First Four is always in Dayton by default so it would be a true "road" game / full Dayton crowd.

Why are play-in games for 12th and not 16th? I've never understood that.

If they were to do that all 4 games would have to be with lower autobid conferences to be a true #16 seed and they didn't think that was fair to the smaller conferences. Here is an excerpt from the NCAA press release when it was put into place for 2011.

"The teams selected for these games will be like teams," Guerrero said. "We felt if we were going to expand the field it would create better drama for the tournament if the First Four was much more exciting. They could all be on the 10 line or the 12 line or the 11 line. We won't know until the seeding takes place and the principles and procedures are used and the teams are slotted appropriately."

--They also did this the same year they negotiated the new TV contract. At large teams are a bigger TV draw than 4 lower-tier games.

I don't get this Lunardi guy. So Neb loses by 4 tOSU and drops 5 spots(I think). NC State loses by 10 to Duke and jumps everybody else to get in the tourney. NC State is 20-13. If that doesn't tell ya something, then I don't know what will. ESPN is trying to stir this thing up as much as possible to get people to watch. I think I'll put ESPN on parental lock.

I don't get this Lunardi guy. So Neb loses by 4 tOSU and drops 5 spots(I think). NC State loses by 10 to Duke and jumps everybody else to get in the tourney. NC State is 20-13. If that doesn't tell ya something, then I don't know what will. ESPN is trying to stir this thing up as much as possible to get people to watch. I think I'll put ESPN on parental lock.

Where are you seeing that Lunardi has elevated NC State to the last 4 teams in?

According to the live ESPN Halftime report, NC State is still in the "Next 4 Out" so like the 6th team still out. The same place they started today before the loss. They may have not dropped, but they have not moved up either. I think they just said they may be in the discussion (along with all the teams last in or on one of the cut lines.)

The bigger issue is that Providence is leading Creighton at the half. If they win the auto big, the Huskers chances of having to play in the First Four go up a much larger percentage.

Where are you seeing that Lunardi has elevated NC State to the last 4 teams in?

According to the live ESPN Halftime report, NC State is still in the "Next 4 Out" so like the 6th team still out. The same place they started today before the loss. They may have not dropped, but they have not moved up either. I think they just said they may be in the discussion (along with all the teams last in or on one of the cut lines.)

The bigger issue is that Providence is leading Creighton at the half. If they win the auto big, the Huskers chances of having to play in the First Four go up a much larger percentage.

It was all over twitter about an hour ago.