***2016 Recruiting***

Take some deep breaths boys.

Take a look at the visiting list for Michigan State, and relax. If nothing comes of that weekend, and by nothing I mean ABSOLUTELY nothing, no whispers, no rumors of flipped or silent commits, no recruits who move us into their top list... go ahead and worry. But there's some serious star power coming to that game.

Am I too dumb to find it?

Naw, you're good man.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11559-1425077703-5.

• Fire 1

Take a look at the visiting list for Michigan State, and relax. If nothing comes of that weekend, and by nothing I mean ABSOLUTELY nothing, no whispers, no rumors of flipped or silent commits, no recruits who move us into their top list... go ahead and worry. But there's some serious star power coming to that game.

It's in the Official Visits Thread (although it isn't quite entirely up to date). I'd recommend googling rivals or 247 Nebraska official visits and it should pop up with all of the reported visitors we're hosting.

It's in the Official Visits Thread (although it isn't quite entirely up to date). I'd recommend googling rivals or 247 Nebraska official visits and it should pop up with all of the reported visitors we're hosting.

Includes some notable unofficials too, like the Calabasas crew again.

Is anyone in the know how we are doing recruiting the DL? This class looks solid at most other positions except the DE and DT spots. Not looking for complaints of the staff or flame here either, just genuinely interested in how recruiting these positions is progressing.

let's just say..it's not..

Questions:

1) If coaches feel certain players are not contributing or do not fit in with the culture, can they pull their scholarship without repercussion? If so, when can they do that and would that mean they have more scholarships available for 2016?

2) For the players that want to leave, can they let it be known right after the season is over? Would this also open up more scholarships?

3) Unrelated, does anyone have any new information about who Riley was referring to when he stated there was a commit during his presser this week?

Questions:

1) If coaches feel certain players are not contributing or do not fit in with the culture, can they pull their scholarship without repercussion? If so, when can they do that and would that mean they have more scholarships available for 2016?

2) For the players that want to leave, can they let it be known right after the season is over? Would this also open up more scholarships?

3) Unrelated, does anyone have any new information about who Riley was referring to when he stated there was a commit during his presser this week?

1) They cannot pull a scholarship player's scholarship - believe this is a recent commitment made by the university to honor scholarships as a 4 year commitment. Guys can be encouraged to move on/transfer, but the university won't pull a scholarship if they're bent on sticking it out here.

That said, guys who walked on and were awarded a scholarship are usually done so on a year-to-year basis, and MR and Co have already shown they're not afraid to pull those when the year ends. So that might open a few more in 2016?

2) Yes, this would open up more scholarships. Technically, players can make it known whenever - if someone decided to transfer tomorrow, they could stop playing and working out with the team and that'd be fine.

3) Yeah, it was Eichorst :D No, nothing concrete. Could have been BS too.